Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a P32 that is about 6 months old and has just over 700 rounds thru it. At 300 rounds, I had to replace the hammer spring and firing pin. Primer strikes were too light to fire the rounds. At just over 700 rounds, the trigger axis broke leaving the gun inoperable. :evil:

I know Kel-Tec will send me the parts to fix the gun again, but I certainly have my doubts about trusting this firearm as a defensive weapon. Am I expecting too much from my P32? How much do you shoot your KTs, and have you had similar experiences?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Nope, you're not expecting too much...
What's the serial # range of your pistol? Earlier P-32s had problems with the trigger axis breaking fairly often... I had three break on me before I used my friend's machine shop to make my own, stronger one.
The hammer spring is a different matter... it shouldn't break like that, and very few do. However, since the spring is used by extending it rather than compressing it, a breakage is more likely that with the same spring, were it to be in a compressed-use design.
I seriously doubt your hammer spring will break again, and new P-32 trigger axis are FAR stronger than they used to be... in fact yours is the first one I've heard of that's broken in several months.
So... you'll have to replace the parts again, but in all likelihood, it's the LAST time you'll have to.
On the subject of light strikes: make sure the firing pin's polished smoothly and rides easily in it's channel, with a minimum of lube to attract grime that slows it's motion.
Flyer

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flyer -

Serial # is 12xxxx. You are correct that polishing the firing pin (and replacing the hammer spring) solved the light strike problem.

The trigger axis is mighty flimsy. I sure hope KT beef'ed them up.

I was just beginning to trust it again...

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
good info!

mrdrive,
welcome to KTR and thanks for your interesting info. What you have done is an endurance test on the little P32 showing that we can depend on it for what it's intended for....a pocket defense gun. Most of us fire it only occasionally at the range and mine has less than 100 rounds thru it.
Hope you get yours fixed and ready again.
og

1 - 4 of 4 Posts