Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone pay extra, if they could get an all steel P-3AT? Lets say it had a retail cost of $400, and weighed 16 oz, fully loaded. It would have no grip pannels, and the grip surface would be stippled. Grip width would be as much as 1/8" wider. Perceived recoil would definately be reduced, and limp-wrist failures would also be reduced.

Want it?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
p3at

i'm wedded to my p11. however; i would buy 2 maks in 9x18 before i would buy an "at". just a personal preference. would prefer a single stack kel-tec 9mm at present weight, 3/4" wide. i'd stick it in my B.V.D"s and be on my way. 7 or 8 rnd. mag maybe? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

i'd buy that!

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Good question!
As for me: Nope.
If you're going to make it all steel, make it in 9mm and include nice Cocobolo grips.
THAT, I'd buy!!!
Flyer

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
an addendum to previous post

if i got my hot little hands on that, i'd yank off the slide and have at it with a file, #400 and #600 wet/dry emery with a drop of clp until it suited my fancy. (no angles) then i'd send it to kel-tec for night sights. then off to jack f. for nickling. then i'd go to a local machine shop (abundant here in canton o. due to after market suppliers to timken roller bearing co.) and have it LIGHTLY dimpled just thru the nickling on both sides of the slide just aft of the muzzle. THEN i'd stick it in my B.V.d.'s color me ecstatic! :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
wish list

I WANT COCOBOLLO GRIPS! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT? (HAND TO FOREHEAD) :oops:
stop it flyer, we're going to get the price up to sig levels! :D

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
my idea....

instead of spending more effort on the P3AT, I want Kel Tec to make a .45acp pistol on the same order as the P11. Polymer grip, aluminum frame, steel slide and barrel. If they could make one truly pocket carry it would be a winner!
og

·
Registered
14 Posts
Obviously, the polymers are used for weight reduction but they could use some sort of metal alloy to keep it light and strong. Smith & Wesson does it. I would pay for an all aluminum alloy P3AT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts