Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a new P-11 with the A07xx serial number. Looks like all the issues about the trigger are resolved. Anybody know if this serial number represents new modifications??
:D

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
You've got a newer P-11. The alpha-numeric serial #s began when the Office of Homeland Security had Kel-Tec begin them with a letter prefix. All the P-11 "bugs" had been long resolved before that, so you're good to go!
Flyer

·
Registered
154 Posts
\"A\" Prefix Serial Number

Just ordered a trigger shoe and a spare clip for my "A" prefix P-11. I wanted to make sure I had the 8 1/2 lb trigger and the sales person said all the "A" #s have the new spring. Wish now I had asked what other mods have been incorporated.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
The hammerspring is the really the only important change in the P-11 for a few years... it's pretty much the same as it's always been.
Flyer

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, the P-11 had the lighter hammer springs for a couple of years before the alphanumeric numbering began, but I'm not certain where it fell in the ## range... in all likelihood you've got one of the lighter springs.
If the pull feels significantly higher than the 8 1/2 lbs, just give KT a call and have them send you out a current-manufacture spring.
Flyer

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ok good my son picked up a like new p11 today with the starting numbers of 125xxx. I dont think its too old maybe a year or so but I dont know the number vs year ranges. Maybe some one out there can enlighten me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
From ktog.org, TecWerks, in Cole LaFrance's (with contributions from Bill White and Jack Fuselier--hows that for a trio to draw to) excellent article on P-11 trigger mods:

"To Kel Tecs credit, all guns SN 23000 and above have this 8.5 lb. trigger standard."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts