Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had planned to go to akron this am to buy another makarov. while lying in bed last night, bored out of my gourd
as the wife watched the"golden globe awards" i wondered, why am i buying another mak?

i presently own a govt. issue .45 that i bought thru nra almost 50 years ago and havn't shot in 10 years that my son has at his house 40 mis. north of here. a.357 that i havn't shot in at least 4 years, two makarovs that i've put 100 rounds thru in the past month and a p11 that i fired 100 rnds of win. value pack thru today while she was at church. (takes me to over 900 without a mishap). the mak would cost $185.00 plus tax, but i can buy a NEW p11 at gander mtn.10 mins from my house for $184.99+ tax. i already have extra mags w/finger rests, springs etc. i've had it a little over 2 tears and it's my pet. plus, in my estimation, it's the perfect ccw gun.

my wife's a big woman. 5' 8", 140 lbs. she's fired all my shotguns, 12,16,20, my .22 rifle, and the .357 and .45. she isn't a bad shot although she hasn't shot in a long time. she's comfortable with guns. if she should decide to get a ccw, a p11 would be nice for her and i could play with it in the meantime!

BY NOON TODAY I'LL HAVE A NEW P11!

sure happy that i recovered from my brain sprain in time. :D

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Sounds to me like you need to expand your collection to include a P-3AT or a P-32....the wife would really like the size for a purse gun!

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
byron,
I know the feeling!
I've arrived at a gunshow or gunshop myself and found what I'd come after.... then a little voice said "What are you DOING? You don't need another one of these, you don't use the ones you've already got!"
Yep, you can't beat the simple practicality of the P-11. Low cost, plenty of cheap ammo, reliable.
One can never have too many Kel-Tecs!
Flyer

·
Registered
63 Posts
Actually until i found my P-11 I had actually determined that i already had all the guns that were of any interest to me and had decided not to buy any more for the foreseable future. I still find very little else out there that is of interest to me and I think if I buy any more it will be because the deal is too good to pass up and I might be able to resell it some months or years later at a profit if I find I don't really use it that much. I don't believe in safe queens.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
new gun

fly, quit messin with my head! i'm not quite ready to fall in love with anything under .38. i couldn't handle a 32. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
NEW GUN

Hi All ~! The P3AT is a wonderful lil pistol once you f&B, and cleean up its rough edges ! And, you think the P-11 hides out well,,you ain't seen nothin' yet ! I can almost hide the 3AT in my bathing suit ! And, with Hi-Shoks ( that's what mine likes) or other suitable hot jhp in it, I think it is a good as needed CCW ! JMHO !!!! No target pistol, but more thtan well siuted for the purpose

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
I guess with all of the P-3AT hoopla going on we tend to forget about the P-11. It's a great combination of size, weight, firepower, and price.

Regards, Keys 8)

G

·
Keys, I will agree with you there. I do not have a p3At but i will confess i do have a walther ppk .380, mainly just to collect, if i do get a p3at it will be just to shoot at the range and not to carry. Now don't get me wrong the .380 is a pretty decent little round. but with everyone pointing out how much more concealable the p3AT is compared to the p-11 i would just like to point one out in the p-11 defensive favour. I know of a few people that carry the p-11's on them when they work out. One is a young lady with a petite frame, and she (like my wife) wears the spandex workout clothes. She carries a p-11 concealed on her and you can't see it. when she, my wife, and myself went to coffee i asked her to show what type of p-11 she had as far as accessories go. she produced it and i was surprised at how well it was concealed and hid out, and yet how fast she could produce it. Now if a petite framed lady has learned/can do that with a p11 while wearing spandex, just imagine what the rest of us P-11 owners could really do (concealed wise) if we put our minds to it.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
While I do plan on buying a P-3AT as soon as possible, somewhere in the back of my mind I still have the bias that self defense starts with 9mm and nothing less. I guess that's why I carry my P-40 every day.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well, Keys, personally I think that the best defense starts with a .4 -- doesn't matter if that's .40, .41, .44, .45, .480, .452, etc... Don't get me wrong, I love my P3AT, and once MO passes LTC I'll be carrying it most of the time (because my job makes it difficult to comfortably conceal anything much larger), but I'd still rather be carrying something in .40 any day. I know that lots of PDs require / allow 9mm as the standard sidearm, but I still have my reservations. My take on carrying is this -- carry the largest caliber weapon you can practically and safely carry and conceal.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
There are times when I would appreciate having a P-3AT, but for daily carry, and especially when locking up the business at night, I'm happy to have my P-40 in my pocket holster.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I, too, agree that the best defense starts with a .4, but my .45 Eclipse is not always practical to carry. My wife and I went to a dance on Valentine's day. I carried the P-11 in a SmartCarry, danced up a storm, and it was so comfortable I almost forgot it was there. At one time while dancing, though, I had to tell her to not get excited, it was only the Kel-Tec.... :oops: :D

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
.4 etc.

if i thought that would excite the mrs. i'd buy one tommorrow. plus all the necessary accoutrements. i read and hear and listen to all the opinions i can find but NOTHING fits the bill for me as does the p11 9mm.you guys are singing to the choir!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts