Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"the high road" in the automatic pistols forum has a picture of a 9x19 mak posted by denfoote.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
byron,
Yep, there's a pic or two of mine of a Mak there, too...
Now, if only they'd decide to un-ban me so I could post some more!!!
Flyer

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
9x19 mak

flyer, is yours a 9x19 or 9x18? i didn,t know that there were some *x19 maks made. :shock:

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
\"9x19 mak\".......?

cigar, go to that picture. with a magnifying glass the slide reads "cal. 9x19 makarov bulgaria" i really don't know. :?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
9x19 makarov

on "the highroad" site the gun is pictured in the "automatic pistols" forum, under "9mm mak?" picture is by "denfoote".

flyer, when you grow up, you should try to be just like me! in the WEST HIGH SCHOOL yearbook, right under my 1952 graduation picture is my nickname, "MR. OH SO NICE" :p :p :p

·
Registered
182 Posts
Re: \"9x19 mak\".......?

byron said:
cigar, go to that picture. with a magnifying glass the slide reads "cal. 9x19 makarov bulgaria" i really don't know. :?
I don't doubt that is what is says, but it is not possible for a mak to even be converted to 9X19

Now ther is a wildcat that uses 9X19 brass (9.2X19) but it can't be loaded to 9mm Parabellum levels)

http://www.makarov.com/makacces.html#wildcat

I think the guy just made a type or didn't know what he was talking about.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
makarov

cigar, check my post of 1/06. can you enlighten me on my russian mak? markings don't match your post of additional numbers. seller had gun for about two years and had reduced price from $225.00. thanks

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
9x19 mak

wow! i foresee a veritable firestorm of debate! any one else care to weigh in? :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Personally, I don't care if there are 9X19 Maks. There is no reason to demand more out of such a reliable and comfortably shooting pistol. It will just wear out faster. It's just fine in 9X18 and the ammo is plentiful. Rick

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Ditto on the "don't care".
I LIKE the Mak's round, and I like shooting it outta the Mak!!!
Who needs another stinkin' 9X19?
Leave this beauty alone and appreciate it for what it is!
Flyer

·
Registered
182 Posts
Re:

cigarman said:
Looks like a number "18" to me. Arsenal did not make 9X19, thay are all aftermarket.
Oh, I have been corrected by one of my importer friends who has seen one but indicates that they were not approved for import. (head hanging in an apprpriate manner)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Cigarman, it seems like a remember a post quite a while ago on the old Makarov board that Mother Russia had made a high capacity mak in 9x19. I also remember that this was not importable because of being new issue and high capacity. It seems like IJ70 posted a picture of it at one time. Maybe that's where the picture came from. Byron, if your really interested, go to the Makarov forum at Gunboards and post a message asking about it and if the picture is still available.

http://gunboards.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=3

That's a friendly forum, and someone will answer your question (wouldn't mind seeing that picture again myself).

Dan

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wondering if Denfoote owns a Makarov. He always talks about them but on the thread "What have you got?", he lists the following:

denfoote

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:45 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's see.

2 Keltecs

6 Rugers

3 Walthers

4 Glocks

3 Tauri

2 1911's

1 BHP

·
Registered
182 Posts
Apparently it is NOT a 9X19. He has posted the pic on highroad and the makarov forum with the same comment, but has not responded to questions about the pistol. Much ado about nothing...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts