Browning HP
CZ85

Guess which was most accurate?
In my hands anyway.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I dunno.
In my hands, it's pretty much a tie between my P-210 and my Walther P-88, which both make a ragged hole at 25 yards with monotonous regularity.
Flyer

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for me it was the CZ

I get hammer bite from the P210.
My hand bleeds after a couple of mags.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well, of the Glocks,Sigs,and a Witness I have shot the Witness and the Sig were pretty much a tie.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Well... some guns are biters.
I've got permanent scar tracks between my trigger finger and thumb from years of being zapped by 1911s. A Hi-Power will give you a vicious pinch between a spur hammer and top of the grip, and a Walther PPK's slide is about as sharp as a straight razor.
I'd put on a pair of shooting gloves, and give that Sig P-210 another go.
Flyer

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Buck,

You need to try an HK P7 if you haven't before -- still my best performer of all my non-rimfire handguns. I fall in love with it again everytime I take it to the range.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've always wanted a P7 but never bad enough to pay the high price of owning one. I'd like to try the action and know I like it first before paying dearly.

Maybe I'll trade the P210 someday.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
My German Border Patrol police trade-in P7 PSP was only $650 and came with everything (box, papers, test target, German duty leather, take-down and cleaning tools, and extra mags). I might add that it was in mint condition internally -- couldn't tell if it had even been fired. The exterior finish was about 95%.

Deals like this are drying up, but you can still run across one occassionally. I know of a dealer locally that has two more examples of these finds at similar prices if you are interested.

G

·
for me the worst of the "hammer bite" has always been from my Walther PPK/S. I have tried the pachmeyer grips and hogue add ons and still i have a permanent scar from it. I like the gun although now with the P3AT I feel that the Walther might be seeing a decline in sales for compact pistols.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kahr has made the PPK obsolete.
I was thinking P7M8 or P7M13.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I see the PSP is just an earlier variant.

I might be interested. Let me know.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Actually, the PSP really isn't a "variant" at all.
It's simply the European version, with a butt-mounted mag release.
The P7-M8 is exactly the same gun... with a thumb mag release.
The PSP is still made and sold in Europe.
Flyer

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had its image mentally confused with the Walther P5.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts