Do 7 Rnd mags exsist for the P3AT?

If the answer is yes...
Are they any good?
Do they fit flush?
Where can I get them?

Any help is appreciated.

G

·
Nope, the only KT mags that are avilabile are the stock ones (6 rounders). I think that there are mags from Bersa or another 380 manufacturer that will fit in the P3AT but I can't remember who they are. I am sure that Flyer will chime in here and he knows who they are.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure, but I believe the +1 extensions are available for the P-3AT mags. Not sure if there is much demand though, as it increases the size envelope a bit.
s45

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yup, you can get +1 extensions, though I haven't tried 'em.
The Llama Micromax .380 mags work in the AT, though they stick out an inch or so.
Flyer

·
Registered
432 Posts
The +1 extensions work out pretty nicely, actually. I had some initial problems with the "L" shaped spring base, but after bending it in a little and filing the lip to make it as flush with the mag body as possible, it works quite nicely.

IF you're going to use the +1, it would be a VERY good idea to take an exacto knife and **carefully** remove a bit of material from the hammer spring catch (part 79, sits at the bottom rear of the grip). Removing a small amount of material adjacent to the magazine well allows mag to seat without the lip of the +1 snagging on the hammer spring catch. This avoids bending the +1 leg outwards, which would necessitate disassembling the mag to re-bend it.
It also ensures that if you're using a +1 as your backup mag that it will seat positively in an emergency.

I did this procedure because I initially had problems with the mag not seating well and thus not positively engaging the catch, which didn't bode well for a reload under stress.

See diagram, part #279:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts