Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
just wanted to tell ya about a pistol that a customer had brought by this morning...It is a 45 cal. 1911 type made in Argentina...It is a Ballester-Molina...cap. is 7+1 and uses 1911 mags and fits into most goverment model "style" holsters..Fit was ok and the finish left much to be desired and the trigger was normal military (crap!)but it shoot fine...We went outside and blasted a few empty soda cans with it and it functioned 100% (wolf 230 and Win. 230) and seemed to shoot to point of aim...I think my buddy said that he payed right at $200.00 bucks for it at the local pawn shop...I know it isnt a colt or a Kimber but it was a decent gun and handled very well...I called the shop he bought his from and they were OUT! And yea I tried to trade him out of it but he wasnt willing :(

Anyway, if ya see one of these give it a look...I dont have a pic but if ya have one please post it.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, they're nice guns, the Molinas. The only reason I haven't gotten one is that parts won't interchange with a 1911, but it looks like one, for sure!

You can get 'em here:
Southern Ohio Gun
Flyer

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm...I dont worry to much about parts interchangability..I have 4 1911's already(2 colts 1 kimber 1 norinco )...I just think it would make a nice "car gun" or a heavy hitter on a budget... My point was a cheap .45 for personal defense or just another toy to "play with" or make "pretty"..Granted it doesnt shoot as well as a Les Baer or Wilson but it also doesnt cost $3,000.00 either...My 2 cents 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts