Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned 3 pistols in 40S&W and had accuracy problems with all 3. The pistols were Sigma, Glock and Star. Seems accuracy is OK out to about 50ft, but just won't group at 25yds and further. Anyone else had this problem? Or is it just me?

G

·
Well, without any more information I would say that it is probably something that you are doing. Most pistols are inherently accurate out of the box (to a certain extent). Unless you are using a revolver that was used to wake up the jailor by the officer raking the barrel across the bars (TRUE STORY) the pistol is probably ok. It could be a combination of grip, stance, trigger finger and trigger pull. These are usually what affects a shooters accuracy. All that is required of the pistol is to launch the projectile out of the end. It is our responsibility to ensure where it is going. Other than the Star, which I am not that familiar with they all seem to be realtively new guns (not antiques or made up to 20+ years ago or more). The machining and metals are of realtively good quality. I would condiser myself a good shooter and I still find that I shoot a little to the left of center of aim and point of impact with the Glocks and I carry one off duty. Without knowing your shooting history I always advise new shooters to spend some time in front of the mirror practicing stance, grip, draw, presentation, sight alignment and trigger pull. This is should however be accompanied by proper and qualified instruction. Don't develop bad habits that are hard to break. If I was there I would be glad to help. Find someone that you feel is a responsible and competent shooter and get some pointers. Until then, good luck.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I shoot 2700 bullseye match regularly with 45acp and 22lr. Perhaps I am spoiled by their 'game gun' accuracy and expect too much from these 'defensive' pistols. I seem to shoot the Sigma and Glock in 9mm very well. Just can't put my finger on the problems with the 40S&W.
I see you're in VA. Are you born and raised Southerner? Dixie is for me. Can't stand the cold.

G

·
Yeah, and there are dam few of us left.....the south will rise again.....as soon as we wake up from the drunken stupor! :shock:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I haven't noticed any problems

I have a H&K USP 40c and it is very accurate. Believe it or not Wolf ammo shoots extremely tight groups (from a rest) at 25 yards. Bowling pins quiver at the sight of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts