Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot the 357sig barrel today. Sure does have one heck of a muzzle blast! I like it! The gun did not jam once! Nothing but bang bang bang! Not bad accuracy either. Right at POA. I did have to cycle the trigger 4 times to get some of the S&B stuff to fire. I also had one round of GoldDot fail to fire on first trigger pull. I have removed 2 coils from the FP spring which should fix that. These targets are at 15 feet. Not great but not bad either.

BTW I showed it to the Range Master my P-357sig, and when I told him it was in 357sig caliber he said "You mean 9mm right?" He even checked the ammo to make sure I was not fibbing! LOL He thought I was shooting hot loaded 40 cals or +P+ 9mm HEHE.

G

·
those kind of range masters give the rest of us a bad name......there is a local shop that has lots of "experts" working there. i usually just hang back a little and listen to their wealth of knowledge...........then i got outside and either scream or laugh...sometimes i make the fatal mistake of correcting them.....usually backfires on me though, i guess 10+ years as a firearms instructor hasn't measured up to their 10 minutes of experience.

G

·
i wanted to add that with the loooong trigger pull of the KT, that you had a respectable grouping on those targets. i always try to keep that not everyone shoots large holes in targets all of the time. anything that is in a "man size area" at a reasonable self defense distance is acceptable, in my opinion. if you can take the 357/40 and keep them in a torso area at 15' that is acceptable accuracy to me. if you want to place clustered holes into targets at distances over that get yourself a rifle. people get too hung up on that and forget that in a self defense shooting that you are not shooting at a still paper target. a "good" shooter to me was someone that could take a stock pistol, out of the box and hit what they were aiming at, not someome with a tricked out pistol that they never carry that brags about how good they are. i used to like to shoot IDPA matches becasue of that. i used to shoot my duty weapon (smith and wesson 5946 9mm DAO) in my duty gear. it was fun at first and then the "custom" shooters took over. these were the guys and gals with the 1800.00 tricked out 45's (weighted, optics, 3lb triggers) with the plastic canted speed holsters that would stand around in their yellow shooting glasses (that they wore all the time) and bragged how good they were and we should all listen to them. when you asked them what they carried too and from the range......they always said the same thing...."my gun (refering to their custom piece) is in the range bag in the car"...i used to say "my point exactly" and walk away.......funy thing was if you handed them a KT (which they probably would turn their nose up at anyway) they would not know how to operate it...

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re:

norfdet893 said:
i wanted to add that with the loooong trigger pull of the KT, that you had a respectable grouping on those targets.
Thanks Norfdet893! I was shooting as fast as I could reacquire the target with a nice sight picture. I admit to having worked my trigger; Which accounts for the light strikes. It is around 7 pounds. Had it in the 5 pound range after the new trigger spring KT sent me (that and YZ's techniques), but that was way to light for me. See my P-11 is a very early model according to Marty. HEHE it even had the duel extractor springs. I do shoot better with the 9mm, but there bang is less satisfying.

Plus Dad is not calling it a Sissy gun anymore :) He is a 45acp/357Mag or nothing type guy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts