Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With so many different opinions on the question of penetration of hollowpoints vs fmj in this caliber it would seem that a round like the Glaser safety slug would receive strong consideration because it has a known result. When it hits there is no doubt what will happen the target will know it has been hit. I understand that it will not penetrate as deep as some rounds but would not the effect of the Glaser result in more of a chance of stopping the threat then counting on a fmj or hollowpoint that might not expand hitting a key spot? Of course this (which ammo is best to use) discussion may just end up like fishing you use the lure you have the most confidence in.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree with what you are saying Rimfire...I have never been to worried about the ammo I carry...If I shoot you it is gonna hurt and that is what matters to me...Shot placement stops a fight so I practice practice practice

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I favor Winchester Silvertips.
They've got the best track record, and the P-32 seems to absolutely love them.
Flyer

·
Registered
48 Posts
Of the Silvertips and Cor-Bons that I've tried, the Silvertips are more accurate. Supporting Flyer's experience, I've also not had any problems with rim lock using Silvertips.

FWIW,

emc

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
stop worrying

either get a Flyer Wire for your magazine if you want all JHP or just do what I do, 1 Silvertip in the chamber, 1 on top of magazine and the rest FMJ. No rimlock, no worry.

og...."What! Me worry!" :shock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts