Kel-Tec Forum banner

.223 Plastic Case Rounds

5K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  Midiman 
#1 ·
I found these today. These are the lightest .223's I have ever seen. I'll post a review when I get to the range next week. Anyone seen these before? How do they shoot?

#2 ·
Found the following on the web about these rounds and Natec:

NATEC, Inc. is the sole manufacturer of patented, high pressure, polymer-cased ammunition (PCA). This lightweight cartridge functions in existing weapons; utilizes conventional projectiles, propellants, and primers, and generates similar, if not better ballistic/performance results to comparable metal-cased products. NATEC polymer-cased rifle ammunition is produced today for law enforcement and sporting markets (both target and hunting), all at a lower cost to the consumer.

#4 ·
According to the web site, they are going to have 'em with Match King bullets and another brand! What did you pay for 'em Flyer? I paid $5 plus change per box. I did not want to invest much money until I know they go bang well. If they do I am going to load all my mags accept my two "Target" mags. These mag are reserved for the SS-109 heavy bullets. Man these guys are light!!!!!!!

#5 ·
Umm....
Do I really HAVE ta tellya?
Oh well... all I can say is that my gunshop is absolutely HUGE and has the best selection of guns and ammo in the state and buys in major BULK.
$1.99 a box.
These appear to be very GOOD quality rounds, too!
Flyer

#6 ·
Plastic Cased .233's

Would you mind giving my the name and Number? You have any idea if they would ship? Great price! I will still get em at more than double the price. :)

Umm....
Do I really HAVE ta tellya?
Oh well... all I can say is that my gunshop is absolutely HUGE and has the best selection of guns and ammo in the state and buys in major BULK.
$1.99 a box.
These appear to be very GOOD quality rounds, too!
Flyer

#7 ·
Swung by my house on the way back from the store today and picked up my plastic jobs...

I'm not sure how many more my shop's got... I'll likely hit it again tomorrow and check. They DO do mail order, so if they've got plenty I'll let you know.
Flyer

#9 ·
Well I got to the range today. The rounds functioned 100%. But!! I had two rounds that the necks ripped on. Looks like the neck got stuck while the rounds is being pulled out. The rounds also hit high and to the right in my gun. Like 5 inch high. No idea how this happens, but the group was not bad. My gun hits dead on at 100 with most other rounds I have fired. I took pics of the cases after I removed the plastic but the pic are fuzz. Cheap camera. I did fire 90 rounds before the 20 PCA rounds, but if the round is going to fail/ jam the gun after only 100 rounds it would not make a def round. Let me know how they performed for you Flyer. For now I had to go back to SS-109 for the time being.

#11 ·
Re:

Gun_Nut_2k1 said:
but if the round is going to fail/ jam the gun after only 100 rounds it would not make a def round. ... For now I had to go back to SS-109 for the time being.
I was referring to the SS-109 for Def (also called a Ranch round by me) not for Target practice. Still have 230 of the 250 I paid $50 buck for at the last gun show. Going to get a Case or two of the Wolf for plinking, and some more WWC for Target use.

BTW You ever get that bunch I sent you? I found a few more today. 20 to be exact.

#12 ·
Much wiser... I keep a couple of 30s loaded with 109... several others with 193. Some times I like to alternate in a single mag. The 109 doesn't go to the range very often. Never got the other stuff... ya gotta wonder if that doesn't get sniffed out by the postal people and held up a while.

I just bought 2000 once fired Israeli WCC99 cases from brassmanbrass.com. Should be here in about 10 days. $17.95/1000 but the shipping is brutal. The only heavier .223 brass made is PMC. I had to warn the poor girl at the reception desk at the station that I was expecting a large box... and not to try to lift it... It's gonna weigh about 40 pounds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.