Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several years ago I purchased a New England Firearms 12 ga shotgun from a pawnshop. And last November I sent it back to the factory to have them put on a 20 ga rifled barrel. They also installed a new Monte Carlo stock and a scope rail.

I had them do this for my own amusement and because it was really cheap. Unfortunately the ammo is not cheap. Sabot slugs run $2-$3 a shot. :shock:

I took it out to the range and test fired it at 50 yards. For a 20 ga. Slug Shotgun, the accuracy is awesome. I was so impressed with its accuracy; I wanted to show it off.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Roger that, Roger3...
Them's some big holes!!!
I saw a 12 gauge NEF slug gun yesterday with a rifled barrel. That barrel was HUGE!
I'm not kidding... it seemed as if the walls of the barrel at the muzzle were almost a quarter-inch thick, with the muzzle itself measuring well over an inch and a half across...
When I first saw it I thought it was an 8 gauge!
Flyer

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they put a lot of steel in those barrels.

I even added some weight to my stock to balance it out. She is now 9.7 pounds with scope.

All that weight makes the recoil soft and smooth. But it still has enough kick to let you know she means business.

Here is a company picture.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts