Kel-Tec Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KTrange.com proudly announces it's first annual postal match!

The match will include 3 classes of competition:

1) Kel-Tec Class 1: P-32/P-3AT
2) Kel-Tec Class 2: P-11/P-40/P-357
3) Open Class: Any handgun with iron (or plastic) sights
No scopes or optics allowed in any class.

Prizes: (to be announced) will be awarded to the top 3 contenders in each class.

Eligibility: Any KTrange.com member with 10 or more posts. That means about 400 of you are currently ineligible because you have never posted anything so, if you want to shoot, start talking! KTrange.com administration and their immediate family members are ineligible to win awards. Members can compete in any or all classes but are limited to one entry per class.

Course of fire: (2) ten round targets to be shot at 5 and 10 yards from the standing offhand position. No part of your body can be in contact with anything that would provide support to steady your aim. This is a 2 stage match consisting of two targets. Shooting the match involves shooting both stages, reshooting either stage is not allowed. You may reshoot the entire two stage match but you are not to shoot multiple matches and pick the best stages from different matches to form your total score. As in most matches, any shot that breaks the ring of a score boundry is scored at the higher point value. Tied scores will be broken by the number of X ring shots. Targets are to be witnessed and scored by any NRA member (other than the shooter himself). Witnesses’ name, signature and NRA ID number to be provided on the rules and entry/score sheets.

Targets: Official KTrange.com postal match targets, rules and entry forms will be available for download here in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.

Fee: A $1.00 entry fee per class to help defray award and shipping costs. Cash is preferable. Each submission must be mailed separately and must include the signed, witnessed rules and entry/score sheets along with both targets.

Deadline: Entries must be postmarked by July 31st, winners to be announced on August 15th.

Stay tuned for more details and prize announcements.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
And, um...
Don't just sit there and say "Yay!", people! Maketh thyselfeth known via replies... we need to know how many participants we're dealing with here!
Flyer

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re: First annual KTrange.com postal match!

Midiman said:
1) P-32/P-3AT
2) P-11/P-40/P-357
3) Open class - any pistol with iron (or plastic) sights
No scopes or optics allowed in any class.

Course of fire: (2) ten round targets to be shot at 5 and 10 yards from the standing offhand position.
I am Game. Got 2 questions. 1. Can A person compete in the P-32, P-11 matches then use a P-357 to compete in the Open Class? First competition that I will be participating in. 2. What is standing off hand. Is it like dueling style or more like isosceles two hand style?

·
Registered
209 Posts

Midiman said:
KTrange.com proudly announces it's first annual postal match!

If you want to shoot, start talking!
Come on KT Rangers! He's calling us out! Where do I sign up? Oh yeah, here.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Gun_Nut_2k1 said:
I am Game. Got 2 questions. 1. Can A person compete in the P-32, P-11 matches then use a P-357 to compete in the Open Class? First competition that I will be participating in. 2. What is standing off hand. Is it like dueling style or more like isosceles two hand style?
Open class means exactly that, you can shoot any handgun you want as long as it has standard sights.

Standing offhand means standing with no support. No part of your body can come in contact with anything that would steady your stance. You can shoot single or double hand grip, whichever you prefer.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The rules, entry/score sheet and targets are almost completed. They should be available here in Acrobat PDF format by Tuesday morning. You will need to print and submit all 4 sheets for each class you intend to enter. Your scorer/witness will need to sign both the rules and entry/score sheets. We're still working on prizes.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All materials are ready for the match. We're waiting, primarily, to get a handle on what the prizes will be. At the very least ALL competitors will receive a "1st Annual KTrange.com Postal Match Competitor" button. We're negotiating with a couple of gun shops to see if they are interested in donating items. We are also talking directly to Kel-Tec to see if they might be interested in helping the cause out. We're also rumaging through our personal effects and dusting off items that may no longer be of need to us personally in an effort to come up with some nice prizes.

It would be good to see a more comprehensive list of how many shooters are interested in the competition, if only to impress the potential prize donors! If you're interested, state your intentions here.

I'd like to point out that, while there WILL be some winners in this match, there will be no losers. The point being, winning isn't necessarily what the match is about. It's about having some fun and establishing some traditions here at KTrange... and being part of something that will give you a fun excuse to go out and shoot a little bit. The losers will be those who didn't even bother.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
OK! That gives me a few months to practice... Better increase the old ammo budget.

CAJUN BUDGET:
1. Ammo $100.
2. Bait $ 25.
3. Gas for Boat $ 75.
4. Dog Food $ 30.
5. Beer $100.
6. Wife's beer $ 4.
7. Gambling $200.
Note: Cut wife's beer budget to buy more ammo.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
How do you get by with only $100 a month for beer?
In the days I really swigged.... if it came to a choice between gas in the car and a twelve pack...
...I'd be hoofin' my sneakers down the road the six miles to our nearest drive-thru.
Happened WAY more than once!
Flyer

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I lied. That's actually much closer to $10. Also got no wife; (3 X's though). Girlfriend in Louisiana (I'm in San Antonio) drinks martinis. She's coming tomorrow and will want to shoot this weekend. Maybe I can get her to buy some extra ammo... Geez, I'd better clean this place up!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm interested but don't have enough replies. Read every day, but I'm not the typing type. Only nine more replies needed. I'm off to another topic.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Out of 570 some-odd members only 7 of you (besides us admins) have the nads to enter this thing? We need to see some participation or call it off. Kinda like the 47 replies we got to the initial call for interest in tshirts... made 'em available... and sold... none. Except for mine.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Midi's right, ya know...
Seems like the majority of KTRangers don't wanna SEE just how far Flyer, Midi, and Keys can blow them out of the water....
Ah well... :twisted:
Flyer

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.