Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I grabbed a couple of boxes of this (discontinued) at Walmart for $12.75 a box. Has anyone shot this in a P11. What can you tell me about it? I only ask because I've never seen anyone here mention this particular round (147 gr). If not, I guess I could shoot it my Ruger P89 which I don't normally carry because of size/weight.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
I'm not a fan of 147gr 9mm in pistols. Less velocity, more drop... I prefer a 124gr or even a 115gr. Carbines... that's a different story. 16" of barrel will push a 147gr a lot better. I have a couple of boxes of 147gr Winchester Super-X I think I paid close to $25 each for a few years ago when I bought my SUB-2000.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Silvertip

Silvertip ammo is probably the best selfdefense ammo made in SOME CALIBERS ONLY!.

They make the GOOD STUFF in32acp, 380acp, 38 special, 44 special, 45acp, these calibers are made with a aluimin jacket ( I know I spelled that wrong. ) anyway the above calibers will mushroom in almost anything, believe me! I have ran my own tests on the stuff, Silvertip is my favorite defense load in the calibers listed above.
I have some 38 special 125 gr. +p, I don't see the 125gr. anymore for some reason, only the 110 gr. but trust me this stuff is good.

On the 9mm Luger, 357 Magnum, 44 magmum, I don't know about the 40 cal and 41 magnum, but these bullets are nickel plated brass and I found that in my tests that they are not good to mushroom well.

$800 Box

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.