Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Re:

Gun_Nut_2k1 said:
norfdet893 said:
Oh, you are gonna be hooked.....there's no turning back now..
What ammo you using Norf?
I started with the PMC 170gr JHP and now I have the Cor-Bon 135gr JHP, which is for carry. For practice I like either PMC TMJ or Blazer, both are 170gr TMJ. I haven't tried any of the exotic loads (can't think of the manufacturers right now) I stay with what I can find locally and what is the cheapest. I like the 10mm, probably more than the 45 but it is not as cheap to shoot. The only thing that would make my 1076 better is if I could have gotten a pair of the Smith and Wesson grips that had the hump on the backstrap instead of the straignt one that it comes with. I called Smith and Wesson and they are out and since the gun is not in production anymore they will not make any more. I put on a Hogue grip but it doesn't help to fill the space any.

G

·
wOOOOOOO hOOOOOOO! Fly, thanks for the site. Now lets hope that it was what I wanted. I ordered the grips and hopefully they are the right ones. I didn't see any pictures of the grips. Smith had two styles, one was as thin as the original with the addition of a hump on the rear and the other was what was made for the FBI and they had both the palm swell and humped back. I'll let everyone know what comes in. Again, thanks for the site...

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Geez Flyn'Scuba! next time I have a gun part question your the man I am gonna ask! That was super fast service and to the n'th degree too!

I shot the 10mm today guys! Good lord this thing has a bang! I love it! First target I set up at 5 yards and had all the holes touching! I moved it out to 10 yards and the group was still healthy. The lock up is super tight on the gun BTW. I started to get FTE after 30 rounds. I think I was inducing it as I noted a major flinch develop. I have been shooting the 9mm for so long I forgot how good it feels to hit the paper with a big boy round. I like it much more than my 45 slide. The sights are perfect and the gun feels good and heavy. Darn you Norf I think I caught the bug you referred to.

G

·
Re:

Gun_Nut_2k1 said:
Darn you Norf I think I caught the bug you referred to.
For which there is NO cure!.........glad you like it and livin out in Zoona, I think that you will find that it is a much more multi-purpose round. I love my Smith and it is one that I definately will not part with.....especially now since the supply seems to have dried up....The 10mm is making a comeback and within the year I predict that we will be glad that we made the investment.

G

·
F&S, thanks again for the parts site. I received the order confirmation today that the grips are on the way. I will let you know in a few days whether it was a success or not. If it is, I am going to call them back and order every pair that they have and them sell them on E-Bay.....I will be a millionare in no time... :D

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I tried that spray on laquer from brownells the other night. After shooting it I noted a few chips, but nothing super terrible. Looks ok too I think.

G

·
I received the grip that I ordered for my 1076 yesterday and it was exactly what I was looking for. I installed it today and what a difference that little bit of swell in the palm makes. I am going to try and shoot it this weekend just to make sure that everything went back together ok. Thanks again FlyandScuba!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Glad to hear that you got what you wanted -- at a fair price too. They are a good source to check for gun parts in the future. Sometimes it's hit or miss that they'll have what you need, but I've had good success with using them.

We might want to ask Midi to add their URL to the links page if is isn't there already.

G

·
Just picked this up off of Gunbroker.com. Should be here this week. One owner, nite sights and 2 mags. I will post a range report when I get it to the range. Smith and Wesson 4586.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bro now you can shoot the ten on the left hand and the 45 on the right just like the movies! Sweet gun bro. You got all the luck I say!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts