Reassembly problem

Thread: Reassembly problem

Junior KTranger

Reassembly problem

Bought new Sub2K 40 SW cal Glock mag compatible on the 17th. Resisted shooting until cleaned/lubed/familiarized myself with weapon. Pulled bolt and cleaned today. When tried to reinstall bolt I met solid resistance and a metallic clank. Examined bolt face through front of receiver and noted interference with hammer. Thought I had neglected to cock bolt before disassembly and remembered considerable resistance to bolt removal. Pulled trigger and hammer dropped briskly. Recocked with plastic brush handle and noted hammer still interferes with reassembly. Held hammer down past cocked position with brush handle and installed bolt. Action seems to work okay but I'm sure that hammer is dragging on bottom of bolt. Any suggestions?

You did it right. It will get easier with continued shooting. All I need to do now is to push it in with the recoil spring and plug. It will go in without pushing down on the hammer, but it takes some practice.
    Sub2K .40 S&W, Glock 22 mag (x2)
    Sub9-40, Glock 22 mag
    P40
    P3AT, 2G

Junior KTranger
    I have this problem too as my .40 S2k is pretty new. I use a small wooden dowel to hold it down for reassembly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Junior KTranger
    I'm in the same boat; have a brand new Sub-2K (Glock mags); ran into the same "re-assembly" problem (so thanks for input)... but, along with that, my safety is on the finicky side and will stick in both positions... I had made the assumption that the two issues were related and that something was not installed correctly if my hammer was not laying down flat out of the way of the bolt system..

So question; do I have a safety issue or is this somewhat common and the safety will come around to with use???

My first post by the way...

Junior KTranger
    same problem with my glock 9mm model.was very careful not to pull trigger bc keltec manual says gun would become a paperweight. watched a youtube video got a chop stick ( no dowel handy) and put pressure on hammer while wife pushed bolt. Man I hope this gets easier. that makes no sense at all.

Junior KTranger
    I guess I'll necro post this dead thread as I just picked up a 9mm, Multi Mag Sub 2000, gen 2 and have the same issue. The bolt face hits the flat back of the hammer in the cocked position and it is stopped dead. On inspection with a bore scope, it is hitting flat on flat with absolutely no way the bolt can push the hammer down out of the way. I have to force it down with a dowel or screw driver to get the bolt in battery. It seems to function properly once assembled, but I have not fired it yet.

Keltec tech support said it will get easier with use but I don't see how. There is no ramp at all for the bolt to interface. Can anyone post a pic of the hammer cocked with the bolt removed for comparison?
    Last edited by luvmy40; 11-15-2020 at 08:28 AM.

Junior KTranger

Pics added

Reassembly problem-sub2000-bolt-hammer-1.jpg
    Reassembly problem-sub-2000-bolt-hammer-2.jpg

Couple pics of the hammer/bolt interface on re assembly.

Sponsored links