Sub 2k 9mm ejection issues

Thread: Sub 2k 9mm ejection issues

Junior KTranger

Exclamation Sub 2k 9mm ejection issues

I was wondering if anyone else was having or have heard of any ejection issues with the sub2000 chambered in 9mm. Mainly its not ejecting the last round just about every time. That was right out of the box. After having problems I disassembled, cleand and reassembled. I havent had a chance yet to test again. Also at this point Ive got 50 rounds FMJ

KTrange Contributor corsairgunner's Avatar
    try a different round. if you are using 115gr try something heavier. if you are using something heavy already try a different brand. so far winchester has been good to me.
    Totalitarianism didn't come quickly, it took 5 years from 1938 until 1943, to realize full dictatorship in Austria . Had it happened overnight, my countrymen would have fought to the last breath. Instead, we hadcreeping gradualism Now, our only weapons were broom handles. The whole idea sounds almost unbelievable that the state, little by little eroded our freedom.

My Sub2000 in 9mm with the Glock magazine adapter is a pain in the butt with Winchester 115 grain ball. I would get a stovepipe or failure to eject every box. I solved my issues by switching to hotter ammo. I currently only shoot 124 grain ball or some 115 grain JHPs with a little more "umph". That was about 8 years ago when I made that switch. Since then I have been jam free. The little carbine is such a joy to play with and an amazing tool. It is worth the extra cost to me.

On the otherhand I had a Glock Gen 4 in 9mm that was a pain with the budget ammo as well. That bothered me so much that after several fixes and springs I still sold it off. The Glocks I have owned have never caused me problems and that one gun just would not work reliably with the cheap ammo. I guess I am a hypocrite.
    Keep you weapon handy, live free and prosper. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Junior KTranger
    I was using both Remington and Federal 115 grain ball ammo and almost every box had a failure to feed or a stove pipe. Sometimes as mentioned above sometimes it wont seat the last round and i believe this is due to the magazine and how poorly designed the handles are to fit the magazines little loose so while shooting I hold the mag tight with my pinky while shooting.

You haven't said what version you have, but Glock 10 round (single stack) magazines seem to have a problem with last round specific FTE's. Again, if it's a Glock, get a standard double stack magazine (I'm guessing Glock 17) and see if that fixes it. If it continues and you still feel like the mag is loose in the grip you'll probably need to call Kel-tec. But I almost never hear of problems with mag fit being the issue on new Subs. Just something strange with the 10 round mags. And before you question why Kel-tec sells them with bad 10 round mags thank New York, California, and a couple other nanny states. Kel-tec puts 10 round mags in all of their Sub boxes to keep them 50 state legal.
    Sub2K .40 S&W, Glock 22 mag (x2)
    Sub9-40, Glock 22 mag
    P40
    P3AT, 2G

Junior KTranger
    I own the .40 cal Subbie - it's only 8 months old but it experiences occasional ejection issues as well...not as much if I meticulously clean it after every shoot and keep well oiled.
    From different sources I've been told that eventually after the gun breaks in the problem goes away, although mine has actually experienced some chipping aroud the ejection area in the composite material.
    I also have experienced NO ejection problems when I use stainless steel 11-round mag's that I bought from Check-Mate Industries
    HTML Code:
    (http://www.checkmatemagazines.com/cart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=6&idproduct=119)
    Last edited by bbfsdu; 03-31-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Junior KTranger
    Quote Originally Posted by RollinCode03 View Post
    I was using both Remington and Federal 115 grain ball ammo and almost every box had a failure to feed or a stove pipe. Sometimes as mentioned above sometimes it wont seat the last round and i believe this is due to the magazine and how poorly designed the handles are to fit the magazines little loose so while shooting I hold the mag tight with my pinky while shooting.
    I'm assuming by how Glock has already been mentioned and you didnt correct it that yours is a Glock mag version, what mags are you using? I have found that while my carry G26 functions fine with aftermarket 17rnd mags that I have the Sub2k doesnt much care for non-original Glock mags. I have never had a problem with any of my OE Glock mags in the sub,THE ONE single stack 10 I own, Glock 17's or 33's. American knock-offs dont seem to be bad or cause problems but foreign aftermarket mags, such as the KHAN ones are POS's and should ONLY be used as range mags, I dont even keep them loaded around the house...
    I like guns - C&R FFL, WAY to much to list
    I like Cars - ASE certified mechanic A1, A4, A5,A8
    I like dogs - 4 pitbulls and a wolf hybrid

Junior KTranger
    BBFSDU,

I have a 9mm S2K that has the same "chipping" issue at the rear of the ejection port. It almost looks like the divit you put in the ground with your heel to tee up a football for kickoff. Did you ask Kel Tec what to do to correct the problem?

Junior KTranger
    check out this link foir a fix to this problem: https://www.keltecforum.com/forum/sub...ub-2000-a.html

Junior KTranger

Fail to Eject problem info.

My new Sub2000 in 40 caliber was not able to get through even a single mag without a failure to eject. I sent it back to Kel-Tec for repair. They replaced the grips and returned it. It continued to have the exact same issue with the first mag.
    I sent it back and they replaced the grips again. What caught my interest though was the following that was printed on the service order:

Service Notes:
    Inspection notes: A large percentage of the new style Multi-Mag Grips have found to be defective. The brace points that secure Bolt Tube near the breach face snap off, allowing the Bolt Tube to move out of position during firing, causing fail to feed, fail to eject/extract, and or jamming. Until this issue is resolved, and in order to insure Quality Assurance, we are replacing these Grips with the old style Grips (these take the metal collar).

So I would suggest you call Kel-Tec.

After posting the above text I took it out shooting, The first magazine fired flawlessly. The 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th magazine all had eject and feed problems. So since I bought the Sub2000 new of the 9 magazines I have fired only two fired without any jams, eject or feed problems.

Sub 2k 9mm ejection issues-sub2000-04.jpg Sub 2k 9mm ejection issues-sub2000-01.jpg

Also when folding it up I noticed heavy wear that dug a groove in the end of the barrel you can feel with your finger nail. Sub 2k 9mm ejection issues-sub2000-05.jpgWay more than you would expect for a new firearm with less than 200 rounds fired.

So tomorrow I will be calling Kel-Tec to return the Sub2000 to them for the third time.

Good Luck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sub 2k 9mm ejection issues-kel-tec-service-notes.jpg   Sub 2k 9mm ejection issues-sub2000-02.jpg  
    Last edited by thehazens; 03-27-2019 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Aditional information added

Sponsored links