Sub 2000 M series

Thread: Sub 2000 M series

Junior KTranger

Sub 2000 M series

New member here. I do not own a Keltec and have not actually even held one but have considered them in the past. I recently saw a video of the Series M (MCarbo) sub 2000 which includes trigger upgrades, sight updgrades, charging handle upgrade, etc. It seems like they have replaced a lot of the plastic parts with metal ones with this series and it keeps the warranty of Keltec and M carbo. Does anyone own this series and if so how much does it increase the quality of the weapon? I would be using it as a back up defense gun and also to shoot steel targets with. Even though it would be a backup weapon for me, I dont want to spend money on any weapon I dont trust. Other 9mm rifles I am considering are the Beretta CX4 (almost impossible to find) and the CZ Scorpion (getting more expensive by the day). How close to dependability and reliability would you place the upgraded Sub 2000 in comparison to these? I have also considered the AR9 platform but everything I read seems to indicate that they are very finicky unless you spend big money on really top of the line stuff. Thanks very much for your help.

Junior KTranger
    I don't have all the upgrades you listed, I do have a Red Lion handguard, and a Vortex red dot on mine, the handguard rotates and is indexed to retain accuracy and still be able to fold up, I've put over a 1k rounds through it with no issues, even took a deer with it at 75 yards.

Junior KTranger
    You don't need all those upgrades to make the rifle a rugged reliable weapon. The only upgrade I have added to mine is a compensator to reduce recoil. I also have a Ruger PC9 and it is more accurate than it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Pck
    Junior KTranger
    My sub 2000 has been very reliable. It has had about 4000 rds through it with 1 stove pipe I caused by interfering with the bolt handle. I upgraded the trigger with MCarbo parts. Nothing else that would affect function. I'm happy.

Junior KTranger
    My SUB2000 Gen 2, 9mm is over a year old and no problems so far. The only part I replaced is that Plastic rear peep sight. I purchased the MCARBO Noched Rear Replacement sight and it is so much better than the stock peep sight. I watched the Install video on YOU TUBE and I was easy and worked. I got this gun at a good reduced price for under $300 and I really don't believe in adding after market upgrades or replacing new parts for no reason. Enjoy this gun and if something breaks then fix or replace at that time. It also comes with a Lifetime Guarantee!

Sponsored links