Holding Zero
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pck

Thread: Holding Zero

Junior KTranger

Holding Zero

What has been your experience with sighted in Optics when it comes to returning to zero after the gun has been folded back? I am having a devil of a time getting my Vortex Strikefire11 to retain zero. Even more timespent in getting the sight to mount without sliding out of position. Help!

Take Care

Bob
    Last edited by robertbank; 09-27-2019 at 11:51 PM.

Pck
    Junior KTranger
    The problem is probably the top of the rail. The top of the rail is curved instead of being flat. Thus each time you mount your sight it sits on the rail different. Take a file or sand paper and file the top flat and I bet it fixes your problems. Don't get carried away with taking material off the rail.

Pck
    billj47 likes this.

Junior KTranger
    Or get a Red Lion Indexing Handguard...

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Junior KTranger
    Once the rail is filed flat it works great. I put my TR-25 on and it holds from the last time. About 500 rounds now. Put on the MCARBO rear sight (notched} and raised the sight enough to not have to scrunch down to use the standard sights. Also put on the buffer tube cover and the buffer washer. Some people complain about recoil, but I fire 100 to 150 rounds at each outing and don't really feel any more that my AR. Great gun and fun to shoot. I have the M&P version.

Sponsored links