New Sub 2K Gen 1

Thread: New Sub 2K Gen 1

Junior KTranger

New Sub 2K Gen 1

Just acquired a NIB Gen1. In the middle of sighting the gun in. Initial shots had the gun shooting to the right 2" and high 6". Off a rest virtually in one hole at 17 yards. I got the height adjusted by trial and error to the point where the gun is now jus shooting 2" right. Yesterday I didn;t check the size of the hex key required to adjust the windage. Major opps so today after we do the set up for tomorrows IDPA match I will sit down and get the sight finalized. I love the gun and it will do as a truck gun an perhaps night duty in the home.

A couple of questions though. How effective is the muzzle brake sold by Kel Tec? Is there anyone out there making a decent side/angle mount for the Gen1 stock that I can use to mount a Vortex Sparc11 red dot? I will continue to search for one but if some knows of a good mount I would appreciate the info.

The gun doesn;t like the Beretta .40 caal mags loaded with 9MM. (Canadian way of getting around the 10 round limit legally). Has a couple of doublr feeds using the .40cal mags. NOne with the 9MM mags.

More late

Take Care

Bob

r.

Junior KTranger
    Check out Redloin's indexed hand guard...

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Junior KTranger
    Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

Take Care

Bob

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Junior KTranger
    Here ya go...

Junior KTranger
    As advised previously I got a decent deal on a NIB Gen 1 Sub2k. Took it out to sight it in and the gun, off a rest at 20 yards cuts a nice clean hole using my IDPA loads using either home cast Lyman 356402 lead bullets or FMJ 125 grain bullets. Unfortunately to get the gun to shoot POA I had to move the front sight to the far right position. The barrel seems to be indexed off center. Question is there a cure for this or do I just live with it?

I intend to use this as a truck gun. I may at some point add a Red Lion forearm and a Vortex Sparc2 but that may be sometime in the future. Obviously if I add the Optic then the barrel indexing situation is moot.

Aquaholic - Now that is one sweet set-up. Looks like I am going to have to let the Queen breath and open up my wallet and spend some Yankee Dollars.

Take Care

Bob
    Last edited by robertbank; 06-17-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Junior KTranger
    Mines a Gen 2 , I think the Gen 1s sight is glued on...

Junior KTranger
    I had an opportunity to sell ny Gen1 and pick up a new Gen 2 for about the same money. The latter was unfired. I then went out and bought a Mcarbo recoil reducing charger, shoc Buff, and muzzle brake. Presently looking for a sling for it. At some point I may do something about the iron sights. I think a taller rear sight with a wider aperture may be a wise future purchase. I also need two Glock mags and when I go south perhaps a boom stick pinned of course to ten rounds. We have pretty stupid gun laws up here and they are getting worse.

Take Care

Bob

Sponsored links