Sight upgrades

Thread: Sight upgrades

Junior KTranger

Sight upgrades

I see that it has been some time since members have commented on sub 2000 gen 2 sight upgrades. Anyone care to provide their comments?? I especially am interested in the front sight but also the rear.

Junior KTranger
    Quote Originally Posted by DW6395 View Post
    I see that it has been some time since members have commented on sub 2000 gen 2 sight upgrades. Anyone care to provide their comments?? I especially am interested in the front sight but also the rear.
    Vortex red dot... redlion handgaurd

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Junior KTranger
    I hated the Peep Sight and I can't afford to order the MCABE upgrade rear sight so I decided to open up my rear peep sight hole and make it as big or bigger than the upgraded one. I used my Dremel Tool with a Cone Shaped cutting bit and used the medium power setting. I was very careful and went into the hole a little at a time until it was just as large as the upgrade sight or even a bit larger. It came out perfect and did not cost me any money!

UPDATE! I finally purchased the Notch Rear Sight from MCABE and followed the instruction video. Everything went great and I love the Notch sight on my SUB2000 9mm. This sight is metal and just a bit higher, which prevents me from squeezing my face to much in order to get a good sight picture. I have had this gun for about a year and a half with not one malfunction with all brands of 9mm.
    Last edited by Fagen44; 07-12-2020 at 09:04 PM. Reason: add update to my original post.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Junior KTranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Fagen44 View Post
    I hated the Peep Sight and I can't afford to order the MCABE upgrade rear sight so I decided to open up my rear peep sight hole and make it as big or bigger than the upgraded one. I used my Dremel Tool with a Cone Shaped cutting bit and used the medium power setting. I was very careful and went into the hole a little at a time until it was just as large as the upgrade sight or even a bit larger. It came out perfect and did not cost me any money!
    Used a Dremel on mine as well. I used a 13/64 drill bit and it came out perfect. Much easier to use now. NO need to go aftermarket IMHO.

Take Care

Bob

Junior KTranger
    Quote Originally Posted by robertbank View Post
    Used a Dremel on mine as well. I used a 13/64 drill bit and it came out perfect. Much easier to use now. NO need to go aftermarket IMHO.

Take Care

Bob
    Good work Bob but when I have some extra money, I will still buy the MCABE Rrar Notch sight because I am old school and I am use to the Notch Sight! I do not like the fancy optics or lights & lasers on any of my guns. Just all stock, internal and external.

Junior KTranger
    MCARBO sight is the best for the height and opening issue. Works great.

Update: Just added the notch sight. It is like a different rifle. Enough height to easily acquire the target. Also co-witnesses with my TR-25 red dot on a 1/2 inch QT UTC riser.
    Last edited by billj47; 03-26-2020 at 09:00 PM.

So if you raise the back sight, can the stock front sight raise enough to compensate?

I like what I added, for only $33 for the two pieces. Comfortable height. With the 9mm the recoil is pretty low
    Thumbscrew on so easily removable and mounting. Off to the range Monday night to test, sight in and take off/on a couple times to check consistent mounting and aim.
    edit, also kept and enlarged factory peep sight hole to 7/64. The Keltec part for this is $4.50 (S2K-158 Rear Sight)

Ezshoot Reflex Red Dot: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Riser and rear offset: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sight upgrades-20200927_212814.png
    Last edited by glueru; 09-27-2020 at 07:49 PM.

I just got mine 9/18/20. I didnt like the small rear sight so I took a drill and drilled it out a bit. Made a world of difference. I'm getting a optic for it but I have to decide which. Not sure if I'm gonna change my front sight or not. If I decide on a muzzle blast blocker then I'll do both at the same time.

Junior KTranger
    Quote Originally Posted by glueru View Post
    So if you raise the back sight, can the stock front sight raise enough to compensate?
    I Installed that Notch rear sight by watching the Video on YouTube and it was easy and works so much than that small peep sight. I did nothing to the Front Sight and It seems to shoot on target for center mass hits. I don't do target bullseye shooting and I only do Tactical training and shooting. That rear Notch gives me a quick sight picture. Verry Happy!

Sponsored links