Should've seen it coming.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Should've seen it coming....

Junior KTranger
    I think more and more Americans are beginning to think for themselves and voting for individual candidates instead of parties. I deplore the "straight ticket" approach as well. I also understand that these "factions" do represent certain ideals, however their unwavering dogmatic views continue to divide us instead of bringing us together. Example: We'd most certainly be in a MUCH better situation right now had the Republicans let McCain have his original choice for a running mate. Unfortunately, for Republicans and the nation, Giulianni's pro-choice stance didn't fit the party's staunch requirements. Now look what we're stuck with! McCain would most certainly be president right now had Republicans showed that they were willing to compromise for the sake of the American people! What party disciples MUST understand is that this nation was forged in compromise! You can't deal in absolutes in a nation where the majority fall somewhere in the vast gray area. Rule of thumb, "Republicans" as a party only REALLY care about the top 5% and the "Democrats" only REALLY care about the bottom 10-15%. If we as a nation don't demand change soon, the rest of us are surely screwed! Gen. Washington stated upon leaving office that these "factions" would be the death of the nation. It's taken almost 250 years, but he's almost been proven correct!
    Last edited by JHancock; 05-29-2013 at 08:15 AM.

I understand where you are coming from but theory doesn't always equate to reality. I have more respect for a person whose core beliefs would have him vote "straight ticket" than an uninformed voter making a "feel good" vote. That's what I don't like about Independents. They have created a self importance for themselves where none exists. It is my opinion that they are the ones whose vote must be bought each election cycle. Isn't it odd that the couple of Independents in D.C. caucus with the Democrats.

It was the ultimate slap in the face when the AssHat Obama got elected. He never had a job. He put up more pollution smoking dope than a coal fired power plant. He was a student of Bill Ayers, Saul Alinsky and Rev.Wright. He entered College as an Indonesian exchange student. He sealed any record of his past that might've shed light on his legitimacy to even be President. The Lamestream Media was complicit with getting him elected. He spent his first term blaming Bush for everything even though Bush was saddled with a Democratic Congress his last years. This is why the Democrats got their ass handed to them in the 2010 elections and Obama still got reelected.

On the Democratic side I would've preferred Hillary. I would've taken Gingrich in a heartbeat on the Republican side. I really think he would've unified the party. I don't believe any person should be nominated because it is their time or they were next in line. There is no room in D.C. for career politicians. There are too many people on both sides of the aisle who have lost their way and no longer represent their Country let alone their party.

Rule of thumb, "Republicans" as a party only REALLY care about the top 5% and the "Democrats" only REALLY care about the bottom 10-15%.
    I have some disagreement here. Republicans don't REALLY care about just the top 5%. They DO CARE about the top 5% being allowed to keep what they've earned. They DO CARE about everyone of us having the opportunity to find our own way and prosper. Contrary to popular belief not all of us need to be filthy rich to lead fulfilled life. A comfortable life without Government intervention would satisfy most of us. On the other side Democrats REALLY do care about the bottom 10-15%. This is where they derive their power from. Instead of helping the poor get off Government assistance why not keep them dependent on welfare and ensure your voter base stays intact.

While this is my opinion History has already proven the track record of both parties.

This is from a pamphlet by a Presbyterian minister, William J. H. Boetcker (1873-1962) and entitled The Ten Cannots. It was originally published in 1916 but its message is very fitting to us today.
    You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
    You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
    You cannot help little men by tearing down big men.
    You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
    You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
    You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money.
    You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
    You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn.
    You cannot build character and courage by destroying men’s initiative and independence.
    And you cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they can and should do for themselves.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Junior KTranger
    I have more respect for a person whose core beliefs would have him vote "straight ticket" than an uninformed voter making a "feel good" vote. That's what I don't like about Independents. They have created a self importance for themselves where none exists. It is my opinion that they are the ones whose vote must be bought each election cycle. Isn't it odd that the couple of Independents in D.C. caucus with the Democrats.
    I've really debated of whether or not to waste my time responding as you sound pretty steadfast on this one. I assure you, NO ONE buys my vote! Unlike many "party members," I do my homework before heading to the polls and as mentioned by another Indy poster, if I'm not absolutely sure about a candidate, I leave it blank. I hear Americans ask all the time, "how do some of these crooked politicians get elected?" Answer: because many voters who subscribe to a particular party will blindly vote for a candidate simply because they have a little "R" or "D" next to their name. "Self important" or not, votes are powerful and I refuse to blindly give it away, particularly to a candidate whose most likely A LAWYER! ...and many wonder what's wrong with our country?
    Last edited by JHancock; 05-30-2013 at 11:13 AM.

KTRangePro
    I generally vote a straight ticket because I do not believe what politicians say they will do if it is contrary to the party leaderships proven "core values." I do though take into consideration politicians who I do know are actually what they say they are or are highly recommended by groups such as the NRA. Basically I have become jaded though and tend to not believe any of them unless they have proven over time that they do have real "core values" which I respect. I have in the past voted against my own best interests if I believed the candidate was actually honest and had a set of values which actually guided their votes and speech.
    Trust In God my boys but keep your powder dry.

I preface this by saying my remarks are mostly my opinion so as to not offend any of the thinskinned people who don't want to waste their time replying but waste it anyway......

There is no such thing as an Independent. We have a two party system so you are either a "moderate" Conservative or a "conservative" Democrat if you choose to sit on the fence. This is the last time that I will state that everyone has a "core belief" and it is what each party's platform is based on. You see, It's kind of like having a spine but you are still able to bend one way or the other.

A prime example of why I vote straight party at the Federal level is 2008. It gave Democrats all three branches of Government. It gave us high unemployment,high gas prices,higher food prices,failed green energy investments,failed foreign policies and trillions more in debt. I can't forget Federally subsidized and enforced ObamaCare or GM.

In 2006 as a US Senator Obama said.....
    “The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here.’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.”
    That turned out real well didn't it!!! $17 trilllion and climbing...

In 2011 while campaigning in Pa. Obama said.....
    "At a time when you are struggling to pay your bills and meet your responsibilities, the least we can do to meet our responsibilities is produce a budget. That is not too much to ask for. That is what the American people expect of us, that's what they deserve. You want everybody to act like adults, quit playing games and realize it is not my way or the highway," President Obama said in Pennsylvania before he is set to hold a fundraiser tonight.
    Maybe he should've made that comment to Harry Reid!!!

I could vote straight party lines for the rest of my life and not give a rats ass what people think. The track record of the Liberal (formerly Democratic) Party doesn't lie and doesn't change. In all fairness I would also get rid of McCain,Boehner and McConnell.

I would bet that some some people here still believe that Clinton left Bush with a huge budget surplus. That's still one of my favorites. LMAO!!!

"If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining."-Anonymous

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored links