Gunsamerica petition email and what needs to be done

Thread: Gunsamerica petition email and what needs to be done

Junior KTranger

Gunsamerica petition email and what needs to be done

I received an email the other day from Gunsamerica because I am signed up there.

It was concerning a petition that would go to obama if it got to 25k people signing it.

I was kind of disappointed with this because I thought they (gunsamrica) should have known better then to expect to be able to influence mr. obama on the issue of new gun laws.

I do not want the recent tragic school shooting event to result in more restrictions on gun ownership.

I am posting this here to remind every one who feels as I do to take action. Not action of going and signing this petition but action to contact your congressmen and senator and express your opinion on new more restrictive gun laws.

Contacting these people is our only hope to keep this from being steam rolled through.

Do not let yourself be intimidated by the media and popular opinion that every one, even gun owners wants more restrictions on guns.

obama is about to team up with republican former pro gun politicians and ram this though. These republicans do not realize so many of their constituents do not want these new restrictions and understand what the real issue is here.

There is much more I could say but the most important thing you and I can do is to take action and let these politicians know how we feel. if we do not, we will pay a very high price later for our silence when it counted most. That time is NOW!

If you believe as I do, please take action and ask your friends to do the same and do it again and again, don't let this go. Contacting these people just one time is probably not going to be enough. The regular guys like you and I need to step up and become politically active on this, it really matters.

This is more important then voting in any election etc. How are you going to feel about yourself in the coming years if you remember this time in history and the only thing you remember is that you set by and did nothing? How will you feel about this in 10 or 20 years? Even if only for your own self respect, do something, take action PLEASE...

KTrange Contributor
    I'm gonna, But I wonder what is more effective, an Email or a real hand written letter?
    It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. the very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed.- From “Meditations on Violence

IMO, a hand written letter. Emails can and do get overlooked very often. Though it still can be done, a hard piece of paper is harder to ignore. Just my two cents.
    P-32

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Junior KTranger

a real letter carries more weight

Don't know this for sure but I did hear a real letter carries more weight because they know that you have to be pretty serious to do that these days.

One very cool thing if you contact them at all is this. You will be representing your fellow gun owners. People who take the trouble to contact their senator or congressman are thought to represent the opinion of thousands of people.

If you want real impact, visit your congressional offices. Almost no one does that. You'll get 5-15 minutes with a staffer. If you have your thoughts well planned out (not only what you want, but why your congressman should want it) you will make a difference.

After that, calls, emails, and handwritten letters all carry about the same weight. You are splitting hairs about the importance of one or the other. What will make a difference is correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, regardless of email versus written.
    This space for rent.

But, keep it cordial. It won't help anything to cuss and swear...even though we all feel like doing that.
    Rick
    Lifestyle: Biker

Sponsored links