Ted Cruz or Scott Walker - who would make the better president?

Thread: Ted Cruz or Scott Walker - who would make the better president?

Junior KTranger

Ted Cruz or Scott Walker - who would make the better president?

Ted Cruz - smart guy and publicly stated Obama care is DEAD the day he takes the oath of office, amongst other really cool things he has said. - OK, I'm liking Mr. Cruz for prez!

Scott Walker kicks liberal ass virtually every day as governor of Wisconsin, battle tested and knows how to counter punch any liberal media talking head right in the gut and then keep on going without so much as mussing a hair on his head. Wow, I'm really liking Mr Walker for prez.

Ether one of these two will make an excellent president, I would vote for ether one, but what do you all think? Who is better on the 2nd amendment etc?

I know I can google this stuff but I think it might make for good discussion here.

~

Texans don't go back on their word.
    If they did,,,we'd shoot'em. Ted Cruz is a Texan, and his word is good.
    Molon Labe

The Party leadership will do all they can, to include slinging more mud than the Democrats, to keep such people down. Jeb Bush is about as conservative as they will tolerate, and they would rather have someone like Romney or McCain again.

They would rather lose with a watered-down Democrat, than win with a conservative.
    Self defense is not a part-time job!

Shooting is one of the great joys in life. Pass it on.

Colt Single Action Army - The original point and click interface.

From one of my Drill Sargents upon graduating from Basic Training - "Keep your powder dry, your pecker wet, and your belly full."

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Junior KTranger
    Quote Originally Posted by magman454 View Post
    The Party leadership will do all they can, to include slinging more mud than the Democrats, to keep such people down. Jeb Bush is about as conservative as they will tolerate, and they would rather have someone like Romney or McCain again.

They would rather lose with a watered-down Democrat, than win with a conservative.
    The party leadership will only be able to do so much to stop these guys, at least that is what I'm hoping. Ether of them will certainly have my support and every spare dime I can scrape up when that times comes.

One thing for sure the primaries will be interesting this election with real people who can possibly win nationally even with the country as messed up as it is.

Robert

The party leadership controls a large portion of the money that will go into the campaigns, both pre and post primaries. They will also have a large influence on who is heard and where when it comes to things such as interviews and spokespeople, and the GOP convention.

Think back to 2008. How much did you hear from Thompson or Paul as compared to McCain during the entire process?

Then you have a large contingent of people like me who generally vote Republican, but are not registered as such. I cannot vote in the primary in Florida because I'm registered with No Party Affiliation. I left the Republican party when they caved to pretty much everything that Clinton and the Democrats wanted. On that front, nothing has changed. The majority of them are, at best, spineless cowards who act as though they are in the minority even when they are not, and at worst, are progressives in their own right that really should be Democrats, but have an "R" behind their name because in their district it is easier to be elected as such.

I've all but given up on the whole thing anyway. Within the next few decades we will see whether the American People still have the desire to be free, or if we have collectively become too lazy and accepting of handing over our power.

There is a reset button. The Founders put it in the Constitution because they knew that the system could fail. Do we still have the courage to use it?
    Self defense is not a part-time job!

Shooting is one of the great joys in life. Pass it on.

Colt Single Action Army - The original point and click interface.

From one of my Drill Sargents upon graduating from Basic Training - "Keep your powder dry, your pecker wet, and your belly full."

Junior KTranger
    I live in Milwaukee Wi and talked with Walker when he was running for county supervisor. After a short talk and listening to him talk with others I realized right away that this cat is different. He did a great job as county supervisor, even better as Governor.

That said I always liked Ted Cruz better. Ted Cruz talks the talk and you know he would never stab you in the back like John Boehner and the surrender monkeys. Ted Cruz is in the senate so he doesn't have much of a track record of accomplishments.

After hearing more from Scott Walker on National issues I like him more. Our previous Governor Jim Doyle raided funds, some illegally, and put the state deep into the red. Walker put the state in the black, paid back the raided funds all while fighting unions from all over the nation. Yes unions from around the country poured in money and paid thugs in an effort to recall a Governor based on his stated policies. The unions and other cry babies pulled out all the stops to try and hold on to their corrupt gravy train. The unions found out the people didn't hate Walker, we hated the union thugs and the gravy train we were paying for.
    There has also been a non stop illegal investigation of Walker and his supporters by scumbag lefty prosecutors.
    Wisconsin?s shame | Power Line
    After years of this witch hunt they came up with nothing, nada. National news organizations have also investigated Walker trying to dig up dirt or anything negative, they also came up empty handed. Walker is so clean he squeaks when he walks.

Scott Walker recently said "making sure the legal immigration system is based on making our No. 1 priority to protect American workers and their wages."
    One thing about Walker you can count on is if he says something he means it. First and foremost Scott Walker is a man of his word. From my experience there is no politician more honest than Walker, you know where he stands and he doesn't back down. Walker also has a track record so he has that going for him as well. He will also do the will of the people, he listens.

I would love a Walker/Cruz or Cruz/Walker ticket. Both are my top two candidates.

Sponsored links