Two Questions
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By piton

Thread: Two Questions

Junior KTranger

Two Questions

I have two questions.

1.) Just bought a PMR-30 yesterday. I see a lot of posts with complaints. Did I make a mistake?

2.) Who makes the best magazine loader?

Well, you've got a 30 round 22 WMR with fiber optic sites, rail mountable nicknamed the jam-o-matic. If you have a newer one you'll be fine. If you've got the original one maybe not so fine. It's a semi-blowback design so a strong grip will help compensate. Kel-Tec recommends CCI 40 grain Maxi Mag. As with other Kel-Tec pistols I would strongly recommend using the ammo they recommend.

Keys
    I warned him about that blind dog bourbon.

Won't you help KeysBear become an ex-patriate in Belize? Your small monthly donation will keep him stocked with Bacardi and hire a full time housekeeper.

Overheard in 2016: "Grandpa! Grandpa! Tell us again about freedom, what was it like?" (Oh well, welcome to 2020 I was only four years off when I said 2016 twelve years ago)
    Hidden Content

Junior KTranger
    Quote Originally Posted by KeysBear View Post
    Well, you've got a 30 round 22 WMR with fiber optic sites, rail mountable nicknamed the jam-o-matic. If you have a newer one you'll be fine. If you've got the original one maybe not so fine. It's a semi-blowback design so a strong grip will help compensate. Kel-Tec recommends CCI 40 grain Maxi Mag. As with other Kel-Tec pistols I would strongly recommend using the ammo they recommend.

Keys
    1.) Well, I would guess it is the newest manufacture as it is NIB as far as I can tell. S/N is WXKE??, does that tell you the age of it? I understand the ammo issue as the AutoMag II .22 Mag had a preference for Winchester Dynapoint's and it so stated in the owners manual.

2.) Any help/suggestions on the loader?

Thanks for your response.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Junior KTranger
    Check out this YouTube video concerning which version PMR-30 you have. Well, the site won't let me post links because I'm too much a newbie. Google it.

I have the newest version and shoot Hornady Varmint Express 30 grain loads with NO problems.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc69 View Post
    1.) Well, I would guess it is the newest manufacture as it is NIB as far as I can tell. S/N is WXKE??, does that tell you the age of it? I understand the ammo issue as the AutoMag II .22 Mag had a preference for Winchester Dynapoint's and it so stated in the owners manual.

2.) Any help/suggestions on the loader?

Thanks for your response.

Junior KTranger
    I have owned my PMR 30 for 3 years and have had no problems putting 1500 rounds through it. A speed loader is a must. I use a Nest style American Speed loader. I haven’t shot any Winchester ammo thru it. CCI,hornady,Federal and amscor all cycle fine thru it. FWIW if you do have any issues with it take a ride to Keltec drop it off go eat lunch it will be ready when you get back. They have excellent customer service! As for the AMT I have owned 2 both cycled when clean but you couldn’t put 50 through them before they malfunctioned. I have put 200 through the pmr and it was still cycling fine.

Junior KTranger
    My PMR 30 is a little more than 2 years old and I have had very few issues with it. When new I did have several failures to feed which was due to poor magazine loading on my part. I bought a Maglula speed loader made specifically for the PMR/CMR 30 (I have both) and that solved the FTF problem. I use Federal 50 gr ammo with no problems at all. Don't use any ammunition with a bullet weight of less than 40 gr. and you'll be fine.
    Last edited by piton; 07-05-2020 at 10:45 AM.
    Wildman© likes this.

Junior KTranger

Pmr 30

Quote Originally Posted by usmc69 View Post
    I have two questions.

1.) Just bought a PMR-30 yesterday. I see a lot of posts with complaints. Did I make a mistake?

2.) Who makes the best magazine loader?
    I love the PMR30, however mine out of the box kept failing to feed. I watched they videos Om loading the mag, tried everything to no avail. Sent it back. Nearly 3 months later, I got it back with a new barrel, Firing pin, all the upgrades and 10 fail to fire out of the first 200 rounds. Picked up the rounds and they fired great in my Henry. Back to the factory with a different problem. Great gun if they’d just get some quality control. Seems they're great or lemons.

Sponsored links