Two Questions
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By piton

Thread: Two Questions

Junior KTranger

Two Questions

I have two questions.

1.) Just bought a PMR-30 yesterday. I see a lot of posts with complaints. Did I make a mistake?

2.) Who makes the best magazine loader?

Well, you've got a 30 round 22 WMR with fiber optic sites, rail mountable nicknamed the jam-o-matic. If you have a newer one you'll be fine. If you've got the original one maybe not so fine. It's a semi-blowback design so a strong grip will help compensate. Kel-Tec recommends CCI 40 grain Maxi Mag. As with other Kel-Tec pistols I would strongly recommend using the ammo they recommend.

Keys
    I warned him about that blind dog bourbon.

Won't you help KeysBear become an ex-patriate in Belize? Your small monthly donation will keep him stocked with Bacardi and hire a full time housekeeper.

Overheard in 2016: "Grandpa! Grandpa! Tell us again about freedom, what was it like?" (Oh well, welcome to 2020 I was only four years off when I said 2016 twelve years ago)
    Hidden Content

Junior KTranger
    Quote Originally Posted by KeysBear View Post
    Well, you've got a 30 round 22 WMR with fiber optic sites, rail mountable nicknamed the jam-o-matic. If you have a newer one you'll be fine. If you've got the original one maybe not so fine. It's a semi-blowback design so a strong grip will help compensate. Kel-Tec recommends CCI 40 grain Maxi Mag. As with other Kel-Tec pistols I would strongly recommend using the ammo they recommend.

Keys
    1.) Well, I would guess it is the newest manufacture as it is NIB as far as I can tell. S/N is WXKE??, does that tell you the age of it? I understand the ammo issue as the AutoMag II .22 Mag had a preference for Winchester Dynapoint's and it so stated in the owners manual.

2.) Any help/suggestions on the loader?

Thanks for your response.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Junior KTranger
    Check out this YouTube video concerning which version PMR-30 you have. Well, the site won't let me post links because I'm too much a newbie. Google it.

I have the newest version and shoot Hornady Varmint Express 30 grain loads with NO problems.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc69 View Post
    1.) Well, I would guess it is the newest manufacture as it is NIB as far as I can tell. S/N is WXKE??, does that tell you the age of it? I understand the ammo issue as the AutoMag II .22 Mag had a preference for Winchester Dynapoint's and it so stated in the owners manual.

2.) Any help/suggestions on the loader?

Thanks for your response.

Junior KTranger
    I have owned my PMR 30 for 3 years and have had no problems putting 1500 rounds through it. A speed loader is a must. I use a Nest style American Speed loader. I haven’t shot any Winchester ammo thru it. CCI,hornady,Federal and amscor all cycle fine thru it. FWIW if you do have any issues with it take a ride to Keltec drop it off go eat lunch it will be ready when you get back. They have excellent customer service! As for the AMT I have owned 2 both cycled when clean but you couldn’t put 50 through them before they malfunctioned. I have put 200 through the pmr and it was still cycling fine.

Junior KTranger
    My PMR 30 is a little more than 2 years old and I have had very few issues with it. When new I did have several failures to feed which was due to poor magazine loading on my part. I bought a Maglula speed loader made specifically for the PMR/CMR 30 (I have both) and that solved the FTF problem. I use Federal 50 gr ammo with no problems at all. Don't use any ammunition with a bullet weight of less than 40 gr. and you'll be fine.
    Last edited by piton; 07-05-2020 at 10:45 AM.
    Wildman© likes this.

Sponsored links