New pmr -30 ?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New pmr -30 ?

Junior KTranger

New pmr -30 ?

Anyone have a brand new, latest production PMR-30? I'm wondering if they have fired it very much, and if so, how does it work? I've had mine for a couple of yrs now, and really like it. I have had only one problem, and they fixed it, and also polished the feed ramp. Of all things to break, the take down lever broke. I was really surprised, but, had it back in pretty good time. It does shoot, and i've really enjoyed it. So much, i'm thinking about buying another one, only getting a black one this time, i've got the desert sand color right now. Any reply's will be appreciated. thank you.

Junior KTranger
    There is no takedown lever. You remove a pin to take down the PMR-30. What lever are you referring to?

Junior KTranger
    Just got my 30, fired 75 rounds with no fails. Only issue is that the slide stop tab is hard to press and release the slide.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Junior KTranger
    I solved the slide stop issue by rounding off with a file thesquare edge that the stop lever holds open on, now it works fine. I also had to file a V-notch into the back of the slide because it was hitting the ejector bar, so much for KT workmanship.

Junior KTranger
    Bought pmr 30 last week
    Want thru 200 rounds 2 fail to load on cc max, no other problems

Junior KTranger
    I've got about 250 thru mine now, and only had one FTFire, using CCI Mega-Mags. Going to try Hornady 30 Gr. V's this week, I don't know how that will play.

Junior KTranger
    Just bought 2 PMR-30's and both jam and miss feed. Not very happy with my first "plastic" gun. Made in America used to mean quality, I see that is no longer the case! There was a guy on here that said he fixed the problem and was working with the factory back in 2016, so apparently the factory never did anything about the problem. I'm sure a quick offset change on the tool that machines the ramp would fix it. Anyone have any pictures or specs on the feed ramp?

I remember Microsoft used to use the people that bought their products to do the fixing.... Sad

Thanks
    Last edited by Bullseye46; 12-23-2019 at 07:10 AM. Reason: forgot a comment.

Junior KTranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye46 View Post
    Just bought 2 PMR-30's and both jam and miss feed. Not very happy with my first "plastic" gun. Made in America used to mean quality, I see that is no longer the case! There was a guy on here that said he fixed the problem and was working with the factory back in 2016, so apparently the factory never did anything about the problem. I'm sure a quick offset change on the tool that machines the ramp would fix it. Anyone have any pictures or specs on the feed ramp?

I remember Microsoft used to use the people that bought their products to do the fixing.... Sad

Thanks
    Did you clean and lube the guns before firing? Also the magazines have to be loaded properly. I and several of my friends have pmr 30s and all have been trouble free.

north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line
    I have had a PMR 30 for about 3 months... first step was to disassemble and used G96 “Triple Action” Gun Treatment to clean and lube the whole gun; reassemble and go to the range; put 300 22 WMR 45 gr FTX Critical Defense through it on 3 range visits... ...cleaned after each range visit... the issues I had were me, not the gun...

Junior KTranger
    I just bought one about 2 weeks ago. I bought a box of Winchester rounds and the very first one didn't want to load. After trying several different rounds, switched to cci maxi-mag, 40 grain, shot 10 rounds, jammed, wouldn't feed. Cleared the round, 5 more, ftf again. Took the gun apart at the range, cleaned and oiled it. 8 rounds, ftf again. Brought it to the shop, took it all apart, polished everything that looked like there was friction with a dremel. Pulled the slide back and the first round goes in a lot easier now. Haven't fired it yet. I also ordered a stainless feed ramp, power recoil spring kit, an enhanced magazine release, spring tool, and a speed loader from mcarbo.com Just a shame that a person has to order another $100 worth of upgrades to "fix" the ftf problem. I found a video of a guy using "5 minute fix" on the magazine to make it fit tighter in the gun, and another gluing a small piece of a credit card on the area where the magazine release catches the magazine. I'll update when I get all of the upgrades done and let everyone know what happens. I'll be taking it to a guy I ride bikes with, since he's a gunsmith, and let him have a look at it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored links