PF9 LEO Carry

Thread: PF9 LEO Carry

PF9 LEO Carry

I am new to the group and a new PF9 owner (just picked up a green frame model). I am an Investigator with a County PD in VA and will use the PF9 for a backup and off-duty weapon. I have a couple of questions:

Has anyone been able to find a range holster for it? i have to qualify with it and need something to stick it in at the range that can be worn on a belt.

Can the P-11 metal guide rod work in the PF9?

Do any other LEO's in the group carry the PF9 as a backup/off duty weapon and how do they carry it?

Thanks.......Bill G

Frontovic,

My PF9 fits pretty good in all the holsters I have around for my 4" Kimber 1911, right down to the trigger guard. The PF9, being much shorter than the Kimber Compact does leave a bit of excess length unfilled. If you have, or can get your hands on a sub-compact 1911 holster, like for the 3" Kimber Ultra Carry, it may just be a temporary fix until you can order a holster made specifically for the PF9. Just a thought.

surv
    ???

Re: PF9 LEO Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Frontovik
    I am new to the group and a new PF9 owner (just picked up a green frame model). Has anyone been able to find a range holster for it? i have to qualify with it and need something to stick it in at the range that can be worn on a belt.
    I have an OWB K&D Cheyenne Defender that works well. However I would be surprised if they have any in the back room. Of course, email is cheep, so you could check with them at [email protected] .

Wilson – who’s embarrassed to say he uses it while mowing the lawn

I guess you will have to click on this URL http://www.wilson-genealogy.com/pics...%20Holster.gif as the IMG link isn’t working for this picture

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the replies.....I ended up using a generic Blackhawk nylon rig that is made for small frame semi-autos......I qualified this AM and am in LOVE with this gun. Trigger pull was smooth and very acceptable. It put the rounds right where I wanted them. (Except for the one I threw out of the coke bottle when the POS trigger shoe came off.....I didn't even go back to look for it). The gun functioned the way it was supposed to....easy to use, smooth, dependable, and accurate. The Dept. Armorer who qualified me also shot it and may be getting one as well.....Bill (I Love my PF-9) G

Wilson - I use it for the same thing....

URLs don't like spaces and ampersands in the file/path names.
    One, two, three, four, five, six, seven... Oswald was a fag. - McManus
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Re: PF9 LEO Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Frontovik

Can the P-11 metal guide rod work in the PF9?
    I haven't tried the metal guide rod from a P11 in the PF-9, I suspect that it would fit and probably function OK. I would stick with the polymer rod guide though. Even in the P11 the steel guide rod can cause more wear.
    Lots of KT's

Sponsored links