I ran across a P11 with a P40 slide and barrel today......
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I ran across a P11 with a P40 slide and barrel today......

I ran across a P11 with a P40 slide and barrel today......

I found a P11 with a hard chrome P40 slide and barrel today at one of my local pawn shops. The frame and mag were clearly marked P11 9mm, and the slide and barrel were clearly longer than the frame. The barrel was obviously not a 9mm. Could this be an early P11 with a P40 conversion kit? The guy had it marked down from $329 to $299. It was in very good shape, but did not have an original P40 frame. Would this model be a reliable shooter with the P11 mags? (without the modified crescent shape cut out of the P40 mags) Is $299 a good price for this gun? It seems a little steep to me. OBTW he doesn't know what he's selling, he has it for sale as a 9mm.

KTRangePro
    i don't remember but i know my p40 frame is marked p40, i think the slide and barrel is also marked. i will have to look to see. the p40 conversion will/does work well on the p11 frame. the p11 mags may work or not. you will have to try to see.
    frankmako

owned both a stock P-40 and a P-11 with P-40 conversion slide and barrel. Not much shooting difference between either. P-40 mags suck because of a very unstable follower which has a tendency to occasionally feed horizontally. If you want reliability use P-11 mags with it because that mag has a follower with legs attached to it which keep it stable. I'd offer $250 to see what happens.

My P-40's

I ran across a P11 with a P40 slide and barrel today......-hardwarelite.jpg
    I warned him about that blind dog bourbon.

Won't you help KeysBear become an ex-patriate in Belize? Your small monthly donation will keep him stocked with Bacardi and hire a full time housekeeper.

Overheard in 2016: "Grandpa! Grandpa! Tell us again about freedom, what was it like?"

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

I owned a P-11 long before I found a P-40 conversion for it. The conversion did not come with a magazine, and I never ordered any. The P-11 mags worked just fine.

If it's in good shape, I would pay the $299, if I couldn't talk him down. They aren't made any more, and likely never will be again. As long as you keep it in good shape, you should always be able to sell it for close to what you would be paying for it. If not more.

This guy has been listing and re-listing this one on Gunbroker since April of last year. He has a reserve of $399.00 on it. If he would do a local face to face sale; If he would take $325 - $350 for it; and I was in his area, I might think about it, but with shipping and transfer fees, that would cost me at least $450. Eventually he will find his fool, but he is asking too much.
    Self defense is not a part-time job!

Shooting is one of the great joys in life. Pass it on.

Colt Single Action Army - The original point and click interface.

From one of my Drill Sargents upon graduating from Basic Training - "Keep your powder dry, your pecker wet, and your belly full."

Wish I had seen it before you. You would of NOT seen it at all!!
    Molon Labe

Update: The P11 with the P40 upper followed me home today. This gun is brand new inside, and shows little to no evidence of ever being shot. I had to fight the extractor just to get the barrel out. Inside the mag well and inside the mag itself have no scratches. (P11 mag) The grip has no scratches or marks from handling at all. It also has the hard chrome lock back lever, telling me it most likely was a hard chrome model to begin with. The 5 digit s/n starts with 739xx and has no letters. The only blemish's on this gun, are some light pitting on the left top of the slide and a little in the slide serrations. What are the chances someone had a hangover and this P11 came from the factory with the P40 upper end?

I ran across a P11 with a P40 slide and barrel today......-dscf3632-small-.jpgI ran across a P11 with a P40 slide and barrel today......-dscf3633-small-.jpgI ran across a P11 with a P40 slide and barrel today......-dscf3634-small-.jpgI ran across a P11 with a P40 slide and barrel today......-dscf3640-small-.jpgI ran across a P11 with a P40 slide and barrel today......-dscf3641-small-.jpg

Now,,,go shoot it and tell me about the "recoil".
    The P-40 is a HAND CANNON, nothing more,,,nothing less.
    I have seen first hand and up close exactly what a 40 cal does to the mid-section of a human body.
    You do not have to aim for the head. Go for body mass, and close in.
    Molon Labe

Junior KTranger
    nice gun, wish I could find a keltec pistol at that price, even the pf9s are selling here for 325 used and the p11s are most of the time 350+, if I could get 1 for 300 r less b4 tax, I have either, but the guy plays hardball that has em in stock here, and hes the only lgs ive seen with them

Banned
    I can't read the rules, and am running the risk of being banned.

In fact, Since I am now sending private messages in an attempt to sell the guns I offered for sale in my very first post on the board, I am being banned. At least until I can get some things straightened out with Magman. I should probably look him up so that I can send him a PM or E-mail right away.
    Last edited by tchuvgry; 05-28-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tchuvgry View Post
    I can't read the rules, and am running the risk of being banned.

In fact, Since I am now sending private messages in an attempt to sell the guns I offered for sale in my very first post on the board, I am being banned. At least until I can get some things straightened out with Magman. I should probably look him up so that I can send him a PM or E-mail right away.

*JDL* Gotta love it!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored links