I Finally Saw One
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I Finally Saw One

I Finally Saw One

After all these years, I have finally seen my first P40... the real thing... actually stamped P40 with the factory mag stamped KTP40!

Went to the range this afternoon to shoot a few rifles for my gun shop buddy and another customer that hangs out at the shop a lot brought his P40 for me to see. He's talked about it for the last year, but never had it with him when we were at the same place/same time. I don't know if he's shot more that a box of ammo through it, and has never field stripped it to clean it, but it is pristine. One of the parkerized models and still looks factory fresh, but didn't want to shoot it... and wouldn't consider selling either. Said he had 6-7 magazines for it as well. JUst holding it made me long for my long gone P11.

I wonder what a 95% P40 is worth today.

surv
    ???

he wouldn't shoot it, that stupid, they fun to shoot

I have mine p40/357sig, come on over and u can shoot mine

KTrange Contributor

Re: I Finally Saw One

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor
    After all these years, I have finally seen my first P40... the real thing... actually stamped P40 with the factory mag stamped KTP40!

Went to the range this afternoon to shoot a few rifles for my gun shop buddy and another customer that hangs out at the shop a lot brought his P40 for me to see. He's talked about it for the last year, but never had it with him when we were at the same place/same time. I don't know if he's shot more that a box of ammo through it, and has never field stripped it to clean it, but it is pristine. One of the parkerized models and still looks factory fresh, but didn't want to shoot it... and wouldn't consider selling either. Said he had 6-7 magazines for it as well. JUst holding it made me long for my long gone P11.

I wonder what a 95% P40 is worth today.

surv
    Probably $375 - $400. How come he never shoots it?

Former Member May 2005 - April 2011

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

he's one of those that has a safe full of "safe queens" that he's either never shot, or rarely shot.
    ???

KTrange Contributor
    Sounds like you need to pry that safe queen away from him. With the 22lb Wolff recoil springs, Hogue Handall, Jr grip sleeve, and P-11 finger extensions, I actually don't mind shooting my P-40 with mild ammo.

I have shot it the last couple of times without my gloves, and haven't had any soreness, and it hasn't made my hands all shaky either (like it used to).

The 357sig barrel is more fun to shoot, either one is tame compared to my 454 casul

How far from Dallas

Surv, not sure how far you are from Dallas, but if you're looking for a P-40: http://texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=50709

I say you buy it and give the revolver to me as a "finders fee"

I'm now a "card-carrying" Texan since the Air Force took me out of Georgia and moved me to San Antonio (Range profile still says I'm in Georgia) so I frequent that web site. A lot.

Anyway, I'm heading to Grapevine, TX, this weekend, so if you don't snatch it up soon I might have to get this one for myself. I emailed him just now, but I have no problem losing a good deal to a fellow KTRanger. On the other hand, both guns could be in bad condition ... if you get it, be sure to let me know!
    <sOnNy>

SOCO

Buy 'em for yourself. I'm really not in the market for a P40 but was glad to see an original early model one in pristine condition. Don't remember the SN, but it was low.

I'm in NE Tx.....East of Tyler/South of Longview
    ???

Holiday009
    I have yet to see a P-40 in person. I hope to buy one if I ever ran across one.

KTrange Contributor
    There is a P-40 for sale at New Frontier Armory in North Las Vegas, NV - would that someone would buy it and remove the temptation.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored links