Last round jamming
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Last round jamming

Last round jamming

Since day 1 when I went to the range to fire my new P32, the last round in both of my magazines got jammed. I have never been able to shoot a full magazine without the last one jamming. The bullet will get stuck halfway in at an angle every time. I can put 8 rounds in and it jams on the last one, or I can put one bullet in and try to cock it and it jams. But I have never had a jam any other time. I guess I'll send it to Kel Tec and see what they can find. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem

KTrange Contributor
    I wonder if your mag catch is damaged or defective? My reasoning is that if the mag is sitting too low it might be able to feed from the mag until that last round when it gets hung up on the feed ramp. The fact it has the same malfunction with two different magazines tells me it is likely the pistol, not the the mags.

Sometimes the pistols get played with at the shop by employees or customers who don't know to depress the mag catch when inserting or removing a mag. The steel mag tube can wear down the plastic mag catch in short order.

You could call Kel-Tec and ask for a mag catch, then install it yourself (or with help here). It may be delaying the inevitable, but you might want to try it anyway. Let me know if you are going to ship it as I will point you to a link to save on shipping costs.

Former Member May 2005 - April 2011

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by pocketgun
    I wonder if your mag catch is damaged or defective? My reasoning is that if the mag is sitting too low it might be able to feed from the mag until that last round when it gets hung up on the feed ramp. The fact it has the same malfunction with two different magazines tells me it is likely the pistol, not the the mags.

Sometimes the pistols get played with at the shop by employees or customers who don't know to depress the mag catch when inserting or removing a mag. The steel mag tube can wear down the plastic mag catch in short order.

You could call Kel-Tec and ask for a mag catch, then install it yourself (or with help here). It may be delaying the inevitable, but you might want to try it anyway. Let me know if you are going to ship it as I will point you to a link to save on shipping costs.
    I called Kel Tec on the way home today and they told me to ship it and they'll take care of it. The guy was really nice when I explained to him the problem. So what is this link to save shipping costs? I was just going to use UPS. I also was shocked that they could ship it back directly to me. I thought you had to have a dealers liscense to do that? Oh well, better for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

KTrange Contributor
    SHIPPING INFO LINK

People on the forums have been using this method for years without a single problem.

Josh, don't forget to make a post in the Welcome thread.

Re:

SHIPPING INFO LINK

People on the forums have been using this method for years without a single problem.

Josh, don't forget to make a post in the Welcome thread.
    Thanks for the info. My wife took the gun to a UPS store and was turned away. They asked her what was in the package and she told them. So I am going to FEDEX and if they ask I'll tell them it's a laser light for tactical defense, and mind your own business.

KTrange Contributor
    Tell them it is a mechanical paper puncher!

Well, I shipped it FEDEX yesterday and no problem. They didn't even ask what was in it. Can't wait to get it back now. I've been seeing it might take about 5 weeks, but that's o.k., I just want it fixed so I can start shooting again!

KTrange Contributor
    Hopefully it won't take that long. How much did it cost to ship it?

Re:

Hopefully it won't take that long. How much did it cost to ship it?

$8.11

KTrange Contributor
    $8.11 = Good deal!

Let us know when you get it back, I am interested to see what the KT turnaround on repair/replacement is currently running, as well as what they did to your pistol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored links