Which Way?

Thread: Which Way?

Hey everyone new here and just picked up two new P32's.I was looking at Doc's thread on shaving down the "half moon" part and the pointy part. The "half moon " areas on both pistols is fine but when I look at the slide while off the frame from the back I can see a tiny bit,a small triangle of the extractor stick up.

If I was to file it down which direction or does it matter? I put an empty slide on the frame(no guide rod or barrel) and pushed it back and the "triangle/pointy part" of the extractor doesn't even get close to touching the aluminum frame insert.So maybe it doesn't stick up far enough to shave down(?)

Doc's pictures don't load up so I couldn't tell.
    Thanks.

Also if anyone is curious I bought them from DEguns.At $149.00 apiece I couldn't resist.They are gen 2 and all black.

At this point I can't see any part of the extractor claw touching the aluminum frame even though when I take the slide off,flip it upside down look at it from the back and see a point of the claw stick up. I'll see what the damage is/isn't after the range.

I am not too big on "tuning" extractors.I keep moving the slide back and forth and that pointy part of the claw that sticks up just ain't getting anywhere near the aluminum frame.

No unusual wear marks either.Just normal metal to metal frame on slide wear marks.So we will see.I'd post pics but my post count is low.I will update when I can.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

What the? While putting the firing pin in I noticed:I lines up the slot in the firing pin then pushed it in and held it there while tightening the extractor screw.I tightened it all the way until it stopped.After that I thought even though the firing pin is lined up correctly with the screw the screw would probably not move.

Nope,it moves freely like it did prior to taking it apart...no drag on it.

I was under the impression that after you fully tightened the screw in you had to back off on it a tad so the firing pin would then move.

I dunno think I've been up too long lol.

Sponsored links