Mag loading issue w/my new-to-me P32? Ammo too long to fit mag?

Thread: Mag loading issue w/my new-to-me P32? Ammo too long to fit mag?

cnj
    Junior KTranger

Mag loading issue w/my new-to-me P32? Ammo too long to fit mag?

Hi All. New here.

Just picked up a new-to-me P32 yesterday, and thought I would buy a few different brands of ammo to see what works best. Out of the Sellier & Bellot, Magtech, Fiocchi, and Winchester white box, ONLY the Winchester will fit in the factory magazine. Now the Winchester has the truncated nose, and as a result is shorter than the other brands I tried, so, it fits.

I know from reading the forums, that other P32 owners are using a variety of ammo out there with no issues. And frankly, this ain't my first rodeo. So..........is there some weird technique to loading these P32 mags that is different from every other semi-auto I have ever owned?

Never heard of anyone having a problem with loading S&B or Fiocchi in their P-32 magazines. I take it by "new to me", you picked-up this P-32 used? Does the magazine have a rim-lock shim/wire/kit inside the back of the magazine? If so, only short bullet profiles (like hollowpoints) will fit the magazine. Can you post a picture of the magazine?

I have five 7 round magazines and one 10 round magazine that have no issues with Fiocchi or S&B FMJ.
    NRA & Sass Life Member

cnj
    Junior KTranger
    Quote Originally Posted by WildWes View Post
    Never heard of anyone having a problem with loading S&B or Fiocchi in their P-32 magazines. I take it by "new to me", you picked-up this P-32 used? Does the magazine have a rim-lock shim/wire/kit inside the back of the magazine? If so, only short bullet profiles (like hollowpoints) will fit the magazine. Can you post a picture of the magazine?

I have five 7 round magazines and one 10 round magazine that have no issues with Fiocchi or S&B FMJ.
    Hi. Thank for your reply here as well. After further research, it does appear that I doo have some type of rim lock kit installed.

Sponsored links