Slide Stop Spring broke today

Thread: Slide Stop Spring broke today

Slide Stop Spring broke today

Had my 1st gen hard chrome P-32 at the range this afternoon and after a few mags, I began to notice the assembly pin trying to back out. After 13 years and 951 rounds, the slide stop spring broke. Anyone experience this particular spring breaking in their P-32's?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Slide Stop Spring broke today-06.09.17-p32.1.1.jpg   Slide Stop Spring broke today-07.11.17-p32.1.asseb-sprg.jpg   Slide Stop Spring broke today-07.11.17-p32.1.pin-spring.jpg  
    NRA & Sass Life Member

Received my new assembly spring from KT today and went to the range. 25 rounds of Fiocchi FMJ down range with no issues. Good thing I ordered several, as the assembly pin is beginning to backout of my other P-32 now.
    NRA & Sass Life Member

Junior KTranger
    What is it supposed to look like? Wish you posted the new one side-by-side.
    Looks more like a pin, versus that of a spring. Is that rust on the short-end?

Nice to read you identified the problem and was able to fix it yourself. Most handgun owners have their gun a lifetime and never take the trigger assembly apart. They think that once they unscrew it from the frame or knockout the trigger pins, parts will start flying around their work-bench everywhere.
    Last edited by joemsj51; 07-16-2017 at 07:02 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by joemsj51 View Post
    What is it supposed to look like? Wish you posted the new one side-by-side.
    Looks more like a pin, versus that of a spring. Is that rust on the short-end?

Nice to read you identified the problem and was able to fix it yourself. Most handgun owners have their gun a lifetime and never take the trigger assembly apart. They think that once they unscrew it from the frame or knockout the trigger pins, parts will start flying around their work-bench everywhere.
    Galloway Precision have disassembly videos on various semi-automatic handguns, while Northwood Component Triggers & RTK Triggers have picture tutorials. They helped a lot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Slide Stop Spring broke today-07.11.17-p32.1.hole.jpg   Slide Stop Spring broke today-07.11.17-p32.1.hole.pin.jpg   Slide Stop Spring broke today-07.11.17-p32.1.spring.jpg  
    NRA & Sass Life Member

Nothing to worry about...here's a quick 'field fix' until you can get another one....just take a strong paperclip, straighten it out, wrap the center of it around the pointy end of a pen or pencil to get that 'curve', then cut to fit.

Sponsored links