Slide Stop Issue??
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Slide Stop Issue??

Slide Stop Issue??

P32 slide locks back on last round as it should, however when I eject the empty mag the slide slams shut.
    Is this normal or should the slide stay in the locked open position when mag is released?

If slide should stay locked open when mag is released what trouble shooting steps should I do to correct the issue?

Regards

That's normal...it's the mag follower that holds the slide open. When you remove the mag there's nothing to hold it open anymore.
    Rick
    Lifestyle: Biker

Quote Originally Posted by Haugrdr View Post
    That's normal...it's the mag follower that holds the slide open. When you remove the mag there's nothing to hold it open anymore.
    I concur, Dr Haugrdr.
    Haugrdr likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Junior KTranger
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    I concur, Dr Haugrdr.
    I disagree. The Slide should stay back until you pull back on it to release the slide stop, then it should go forward.
    Otherwise, there is no advantage to having it stay back when you're empty. You should be able to remove the empty magazine and then insert a loaded magazine while the slide is back. Then a quick pull & release on the back of the slide lets the slide go forward to chamber a round, and you're ready to keep shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by STXP32 View Post
    I disagree. The Slide should stay back until you pull back on it to release the slide stop, then it should go forward.
    Otherwise, there is no advantage to having it stay back when you're empty. You should be able to remove the empty magazine and then insert a loaded magazine while the slide is back. Then a quick pull & release on the back of the slide lets the slide go forward to chamber a round, and you're ready to keep shooting.
    Yup, that's the way it works on a lot of pistols...but not the P32.
    Rick

Junior KTranger
    Yup, that's the way it works on a lot of pistols...but not the P32.
    It works that way on my Gen 1 P32.....when I remove the empty mag the slide stays locked open until I manually release it by slightly retracting it like most auto pistols work. Are you saying the slide should close on it's own when the empty mag is released???? It doesn't make sense.....it hampers a fast reload. Anybody want to chime in and tell us what your'e P32 slide does when you remove an empty mag that has locked the slide back......does it close on it's own or does it wait for you to retract it?????? Thanks for replying.
    JIM

Well...now you make me want to dig my 1st Gen P32 out and double check it. I'll post back later.
    Rick

Junior KTranger
    Well...now you make me want to dig my 1st Gen P32 out and double check it. I'll post back later.
    According to Kel-Tec, the slide should stay open until it is retracted and released......but may close if a new mag is inserted with a good smack thus the good bump causing the slide lock to disengage......if the slide releases when the empty mag is released then either the slide stop or spring have a problem.
    JIM

Hmmmm...interesting. I may have been mistaken, but I can't check it out until I get a chance to take mine to the range.

I plead the 5th.
    Rick

Junior KTranger
    Hmmmm...interesting. I may have been mistaken, but I can't check it out until I get a chance to take mine to the range.

I plead the 5th.
    No need to go to the range....just put an empty mag in unloaded pistol with the slide closed....then pull back the slide....with the empty mag it should stay open......then remove the empty mag ad see what happens.....does the slide stay open or does it close....if it closes on it's own THERE IS A PROBLEM,HOUSTON!!!!! Nuff said.
    JIM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored links