Slide Stop Issue??
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Slide Stop Issue??

  1. #1
    Junior KTranger ReefBum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1

    Slide Stop Issue??

    P32 slide locks back on last round as it should, however when I eject the empty mag the slide slams shut.
    Is this normal or should the slide stay in the locked open position when mag is released?

    If slide should stay locked open when mag is released what trouble shooting steps should I do to correct the issue?


    Regards

  2. #2
    KTRangePro Haugrdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    420
    That's normal...it's the mag follower that holds the slide open. When you remove the mag there's nothing to hold it open anymore.
    Rick
    Occupation: Retired
    Lifestyle: Biker


  3. #3
    KTRangePro DocHolliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by Haugrdr View Post
    That's normal...it's the mag follower that holds the slide open. When you remove the mag there's nothing to hold it open anymore.
    I concur, Dr Haugrdr.
    Haugrdr likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Junior KTranger
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Near San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    I concur, Dr Haugrdr.
    I disagree. The Slide should stay back until you pull back on it to release the slide stop, then it should go forward.
    Otherwise, there is no advantage to having it stay back when you're empty. You should be able to remove the empty magazine and then insert a loaded magazine while the slide is back. Then a quick pull & release on the back of the slide lets the slide go forward to chamber a round, and you're ready to keep shooting.

  6. #5
    KTRangePro Haugrdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by STXP32 View Post
    I disagree. The Slide should stay back until you pull back on it to release the slide stop, then it should go forward.
    Otherwise, there is no advantage to having it stay back when you're empty. You should be able to remove the empty magazine and then insert a loaded magazine while the slide is back. Then a quick pull & release on the back of the slide lets the slide go forward to chamber a round, and you're ready to keep shooting.
    Yup, that's the way it works on a lot of pistols...but not the P32.
    Rick
    Occupation: Retired
    Lifestyle: Biker


  7. #6
    Junior KTranger
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Cave Creek,Az.
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Haugrdr View Post
    Yup, that's the way it works on a lot of pistols...but not the P32.
    It works that way on my Gen 1 P32.....when I remove the empty mag the slide stays locked open until I manually release it by slightly retracting it like most auto pistols work. Are you saying the slide should close on it's own when the empty mag is released???? It doesn't make sense.....it hampers a fast reload. Anybody want to chime in and tell us what your'e P32 slide does when you remove an empty mag that has locked the slide back......does it close on it's own or does it wait for you to retract it?????? Thanks for replying.
    JIM

  8. #7
    KTRangePro Haugrdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    420
    Well...now you make me want to dig my 1st Gen P32 out and double check it. I'll post back later.
    Rick
    Occupation: Retired
    Lifestyle: Biker


  9. #8
    Junior KTranger
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Cave Creek,Az.
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Haugrdr View Post
    Well...now you make me want to dig my 1st Gen P32 out and double check it. I'll post back later.
    According to Kel-Tec, the slide should stay open until it is retracted and released......but may close if a new mag is inserted with a good smack thus the good bump causing the slide lock to disengage......if the slide releases when the empty mag is released then either the slide stop or spring have a problem.
    JIM

  10. #9
    KTRangePro Haugrdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    420
    Hmmmm...interesting. I may have been mistaken, but I can't check it out until I get a chance to take mine to the range.

    I plead the 5th.
    Rick
    Occupation: Retired
    Lifestyle: Biker


  11. #10
    Junior KTranger
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Cave Creek,Az.
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Haugrdr View Post
    Hmmmm...interesting. I may have been mistaken, but I can't check it out until I get a chance to take mine to the range.

    I plead the 5th.
    No need to go to the range....just put an empty mag in unloaded pistol with the slide closed....then pull back the slide....with the empty mag it should stay open......then remove the empty mag ad see what happens.....does the slide stay open or does it close....if it closes on it's own THERE IS A PROBLEM,HOUSTON!!!!! Nuff said.
    JIM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Need Picture Of PMR30 Slide Stop
    By ohell in forum PMR-30
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 07:43 PM
  2. Broken Slide Stop
    By flag_mtn_hkr in forum P-40
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-23-2006, 05:39 AM
  3. question on slide stop
    By joe butler in forum P-11
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 05:05 AM
  4. OK, who stole my slide stop?
    By tomfost in forum P-3AT
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-23-2004, 10:09 PM
  5. Slide Stop Help!!!
    By ruger in forum P-11
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 05:16 PM

Search tags for this page

pmr 30 slide release

Click on a term to search for related topics.