Ankle Carry or Front Pocket Carry

Thread: Ankle Carry or Front Pocket Carry

Ankle Carry or Front Pocket Carry

Plan to do one or the other. Any of you like the ankle carry? If so, have you tried any of those ankle holsters where you do not have to use the straps and if so does the weapon stay up pretty good?

In summer when I wear shorts plan on the front pocket carry. Any suggestions on pocket holsters?

Front pocket carry, all the way!
    As for holsters, you simply can't beat R.J. Hedley's work.
    www.hedleyholsters.com
    Flyer

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

To Packen Heat

This is a lot of good information. Thanks for pulling all this together.

Now just need to keep looking over and make a decision.

youre welcome. i had all these sites saved in my favorites, cause ive been comparing them all also. ive also been printing the pictures and been trying to make them myself.

I'll pass on what I've been told about ankle carry. If you decide to carry in an ankle rig, practice you're drop and draw.

In the time it takes you to drop and draw an assailent can likely reach you before you get the gun out. Even if you're aware that something seems strange and are on guard it's hard to do much to speed up the process.

With a pocket holster you can stick your hand in your pocket without drawing much attention to yourself.

There's probably a lot more knowledgable people on this board that can add to this.

Actually, with an ankle rig the best method is to carry it on the inside of your left foot if you're right handed...
    Then just lift your knee towards your stomach... this will raise the cuff and allow much easier access to the holster without bending much if at all.
    Flyer

KTRangePro

P-11 Carry

Call me oldfashion, but I have tried every way possible to carry a gun concealed but I have not found anything yet that beats inside the waistband.

I have worn a ankle holster at times with the Smith and Wesson J frames 38 special, I wear jeans 90% of the time and when I sit down it always worried me that my pants leg would pull up and show the gun.
    I don't like my pants too long and I don't like them too short, that has always been my problem with a ankle holster.

If you go with a ankle holster I suggest a brand called Legster, the one I have is about 26 years old and I paid like $50 dollars for it.
    It comes with the part that wraps around the upper part of your leg and snaps onto the holster so that you can ride the holster high, but you can leave this part off if you want the gun to ride low.
    I always let it ride low.

Also if you use the beltclip all you have to do is get some velcro and sew it onto a piece of nylon fabric, just wrap the velcro around your ankle and slip the gun between your ankle and the velcro and let the beltclip hang over the velcro, that would be your cheapest way to go and it would work just as good provided that you don't jump up and down alot.

$800 Box

Mr. Hedley's pocket holster has worked just great for me. Very good craftsmanship and a perfect fit.

Sponsored links