Dating P11 ?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hoosier1

Thread: Dating P11 ?

Junior KTranger

Dating P11 ?

I am thinking of adding a P11 to my collection. I would like an early model - 2000 or earlier. Is there a way to determine the age of the pistol by features and/or serial number ?

thanks in advance for your input

Dating a P-11

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier1 View Post
    I am thinking of adding a P11 to my collection. I would like an early model - 2000 or earlier. Is there a way to determine the age of the pistol by features and/or serial number ?

thanks in advance for your input

This was posted to the KTog back in 2011 by Texas Cajun:

"It really doesn't matter much. The 15 year old P11 is a time tested platform. Guns with serial numbers under 25,000 had a 10 lb hammer spring. Subsequent guns have an 8.5 lb spring. If you happen to have such an early gun (doubtful) they would send you the lighter spring. A little later on, they changed the extractor from a double to a single spring. Those are the only 2 significant differences among P11s.

A few years back they went to an alpha-numeric system where all P11 serial numbers start with a letter. There have been no significant changes since long before that. The bottom line is the round count and condition of the gun. Still, they have a lifetime warranty. Officially, the warranty only extends to the original owner but KT plays don't ask - don't tell."

I bought my P11 at a gun show - it was a law enforcement turn in. The S/N is 13xxx, and it indeed had a 10 lb hammer spring! I have since installed the M*CARBO Trigger Spring kit and after I run a couple of boxes through it to loosen and set the new springs, it'll be my carry gun,

Junior KTranger
    Thanks for the informative response OS - interesting. These guns seem to have a cult following. I already have early models of the little 32 and 380 semis
    Saranda likes this.

Sponsored links