Bulgarian Makarovs
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bulgarian Makarovs

Bulgarian Makarovs

my Bulgarian Makarovs

Bulgarian Makarovs-maks.jpg

Keys
    I warned him about that blind dog bourbon.

Won't you help KeysBear become an ex-patriate in Belize? Your small monthly donation will keep him stocked with Bacardi and hire a full time housekeeper.

Overheard in 2016: "Grandpa! Grandpa! Tell us again about freedom, what was it like?" (Oh well, welcome to 2020 I was only four years off when I said 2016 twelve years ago)
    Hidden Content

I own one with the leather flap over holster, all in pristine condition.
    I bought it last year as an investment.
    I do not carry it!
    The cartridge has less knockdown power. I have plenty of ammo for it.
    I prefer my Keltec P-11 (9mmLuger) and my Keltec P-40 (40S&W).
    On both I have the extra finger tip extension on my magazines.
    This addition really helps on the P-40.
    My advise is to go get one, and it is very easy to install in the bottom of the respective magazine.
    Molon Labe

I also have the leather flap over holsters, alternate brown grips, and the eyelet tools which I keep nicely wrapped up for posterity. I bought them as cheap backup guns to keep stashed in handy places then discovered after I got them what a pleasure they are to shoot.

I don't give a rat's whatever when it comes to caliber comparisons preferring to carry the gun I can shoot the most accurately with my skill set. The P-40 never met that qualification for me on a consistent basis. I did extensive testing of the P-11 and the P-40. I trust the P-11 (after a fluff and buff) to not malfunction anywhere this side of 2000 rounds. Shortly after 2000 rounds the hammer assembly failed. The P-40 for me couldn't put 200 rounds downrange without a stovepipe or some other catastrophic event. Your mileage may vary.

Keys
    I warned him about that blind dog bourbon.

Won't you help KeysBear become an ex-patriate in Belize? Your small monthly donation will keep him stocked with Bacardi and hire a full time housekeeper.

Overheard in 2016: "Grandpa! Grandpa! Tell us again about freedom, what was it like?" (Oh well, welcome to 2020 I was only four years off when I said 2016 twelve years ago)
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Junior KTranger
    I owned a P-40 years ago and it functioned well but the recoil was punishing. I bought a Kahr PM40 and am amazed how well it handles the recoil. I have six Makarov(s), 3 Bulgarians, 2 Russians, and 1 East German. The East German is finished out better than the others. They all function great. The 9X18mm is not that much weaker than the 9X19mm and can easily be found in hollow points. Also have a CZ83 which holds 13 rounds.

Junior KTranger
    Do you ever have your Mak "doubletap (mine does, and it will get one's attention!)?

Junior KTranger
    I own 2 makarov pistols...one is the German 9x18 and a Russian 380. Both work perfect

Junior KTranger
    If you experience "doubletaps" you need to get that pistol to a smith. You could get a nasty visit from some feds.

I've got one, ugly as a mud fence, never jams, deadly accurate.
    Draw me not without provocation, sheath me not without honor.

KTRangePro
    The 9mm Mak might not be the most powerful caliber on the planet but I'd think it has quite enough to get the job done in a pinch.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

I expect that the Makarov 9mm bullet has killed more people than any other cartridge, but you must include all the people shot in the back of the head,,,,,,close up.
    Blame the NKVD,,,,KGB....
    Molon Labe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored links