I am tired of explaining to new members why we had rules limiting who could post in this section. While writing such a response to a recent inquiry, it occurred to me that the person that caused the rules to be so strict would still have been able to do what they did since they were a founder of the original site. I am changing these rules without permission from the owners, and they may change them back or modify them if they don't agree with my changes. As far as I can tell, I'm the only one doing anything around here anyway, and I'm doing it for free.

Hence forth, the rules for posting in this section of the forum are as follows:

1. This section is for members who wish to sell the occasional item. If you have goods or services that you wish to advertise, this is not the place for that. We have paid advertisers on this site. It would not be fair to them to allow you to do it for free. If you are interested in becoming an advertiser on this site, please contact bman505 to discuss the terms.

2. The owners and management of this site do not in any way endorse any of the items for sale in this section, nor those who are offering the items for sale.

3. The owners and management of this site are not responsible for insuring compliance with Local, State, and Federal laws as they pertain to any transactions that arise from items advertised in this section. That is the responsibility of the seller and the buyer.

4. Irrespective of the above, items that are obviously illegal will be removed upon detection. The advertiser will be banned, and the post deleted.

5. Buyer Beware: We do not vet any of the people selling these items. If they stiff you on the purchase, it is between you and them. I would suggest saving a copy of all e-mails, PM's, a screenshot of the item advertisement, any and all contact that you have with the person until the item is received and you are satisfied.

6. Seller Beware: We do not vet any of the people buying these items. If they stiff you on the purchase, it is between you and them. I would suggest saving a copy of all e-mails, PM's, a screenshot of the item advertisement, any and all contact that you have with the person until they receive the item, and they are satisfied with their purchase.

7. We are not E-Bay, Gunbroker, or Craig's List. We are a firearms enthusiasts information and entertainment forum. This section is a side benefit for our members. If you are obviously just here to sell your stuff, you will be banned and your posts deleted. This will be the call of the Admin, and their word is final.

7 A. Added 7/4/2013: I thought that it would be clear enough, but I was obviously mistaken in my belief. Just so that there are no questions about it: If your first post is to sell anything, whether in this section or anywhere else on the forum, you will be banned and your posts deleted. If it's obvious that your first few posts were just to get a small post count to try to sell your item anywhere on the forum, you will be banned and your post deleted. If you have the feeling that posting your item for sale will get you banned because of your lack of other activity on the forum, you're probably right, and should contact me before doing so.

8. If you see a post that you believe violates the rules, please notify us. The admin will investigate and take appropriate action, which may include no action at all.

I will also be periodically clearing out posts that are older than 6 months. If you post something here that is not resolved in that time and wish for it to remain, you will simply have to re-post it.