KSG 12ga serial numbers....... How to determine manufacturing date and generation ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: KSG 12ga serial numbers....... How to determine manufacturing date and generation ?

Junior KTranger
    I'm sorry, I'm having issues determining what generation my KSG is. The serial number is X6B90. Any help would be greatly appericated.

Junior KTranger
    New member here, but not new to message forums... I'm surprised this thread died a few months ago, as this is valuable information!

Big thanks to user Haugrdr for the formula to decode production sequence. I've decided to buy a KSG and I want the most recent production unit I can get at the best price (obviously!).

There are about 250 KSGs on GunBroker right now, and I'm e-mailing sellers for serial #s. I've already gotten a couple of replies...

Few questions that some of you may know the answer to:

1. Does the serial number provide information other than production sequence (e.g. color)?

2. I'm seeing several colors available (black, brown, green, gold, titanium, tungsten, etc.). Have all these colors been available since production started, or were the other colors besides black added at some point?

3. From decoding serial #s I've been provided with by sellers on GunBroker so far, the latest production sequence # I've seen has been 68,999... What sequence number has production gotten up to now, as of February 2015?

4. Anybody just buy a KSG that is late production?

1. Does the serial number provide information other than production sequence (e.g. color)? Nope, just sequence.

2. I'm seeing several colors available (black, brown, green, gold, titanium, tungsten, etc.). Have all these colors been available since production started, or were the other colors besides black added at some point? The KSG started out black only, other colors have been added. 1-2 colors are available through certain distributors only.

3. From decoding serial #s I've been provided with by sellers on GunBroker so far, the latest production sequence # I've seen has been 68,999... What sequence number has production gotten up to now, as of February 2015? Should be somewhere in the low 70's by now.

4. Anybody just buy a KSG that is late production? Not me.
    Rick
    Lifestyle: Biker

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Junior KTranger
    Thanks Rick!

Junior KTranger
    Please help with XL805

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper3125 View Post
    Please help with XL805

Thank You
    Yours is number 68,805.
    Rick

Junior KTranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Haugrdr View Post
    Yours is number 68,805.
    Thank You. Just picked it up yesterday.

Junior KTranger

My serial number

Quote Originally Posted by john_pifer View Post
    New member here, but not new to message forums... I'm surprised this thread died a few months ago, as this is valuable information!

Big thanks to user Haugrdr for the formula to decode production sequence. I've decided to buy a KSG and I want the most recent production unit I can get at the best price (obviously!).

There are about 250 KSGs on GunBroker right now, and I'm e-mailing sellers for serial #s. I've already gotten a couple of replies...

Few questions that some of you may know the answer to:

1. Does the serial number provide information other than production sequence (e.g. color)?

2. I'm seeing several colors available (black, brown, green, gold, titanium, tungsten, etc.). Have all these colors been available since production started, or were the other colors besides black added at some point?

3. From decoding serial #s I've been provided with by sellers on GunBroker so far, the latest production sequence # I've seen has been 68,999... What sequence number has production gotten up to now, as of February 2015?

4. Anybody just buy a KSG that is late production?
    I just bought my KSG last weekend. It is XKS67, which means it was #67,269. I'm guessing it was manufactured last year, since it was the first one the dealer obtained. Apparently, they are hard to get--all the dealers show as "allocated" when my local guy looks up the gun. I haven't seen a chart with the various ranges showing mfg date, but maybe I'll e-mail Kel-Tec and see if they'll give me that info.

Junior KTranger
    X5v95 please and thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greatest.alive View Post
    X5v95 please and thanks
    Yours is number 19,995.
    Rick

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored links