Quality control on the CP-33
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bearhunter

Thread: Quality control on the CP-33

Junior KTranger

Quality control on the CP-33

Hello! Names Danny
    I am new to this form. I just wanted to know if anyone else had problems with the quality control side of Kel-tec. My first Kel-Tec purchase was the PMR-30. The first month I had it I was out grouse hunting and my front sight fell off. Was not happy about that. So I called customer service and they were nice enough to next day air it to me with a new design with two screws. Not a big deal but made me think about the quality. I waited almost 8 months to get my hands on a cp33. Yesterday I picked it up and went home to admire it. I noticed the front sight was moving around you could almost lift it a 1/8 up. Well I knew something was wrong. No big deal I'll tighten it. Well it just clicked both ways. I contacted Kel-tec and they told me I have to send it in it would take more than two weeks to get it back. That does not make me happy especially for a brand new pistol. So I ended up having to take it to a gunsmith having him tear it down two pieces. So I could find out what was wrong and possibly fix it now. Well the person that installed the front sight had a bad but and cross threaded it. You would think the person that installed the sight would of notice the error. Nope he just let it fly out the door and in to my hand. You guys are 2 for 2 on screw up on both pistol purchases.
    Oklahomabound likes this.

Kel Tec basically has NO quality control. They slap the guns together and fix a lot of them when they are returned. They seem perfectly fine with that.

Junior KTranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlfarkas View Post
    Kel Tec basically has NO quality control. They slap the guns together and fix a lot of them when they are returned. They seem perfectly fine with that.
    I bought a PMR 30 in January. Never could get it to work right after buying about $150 worth of different ammo. None worked to an acceptable level.
    Sent it in Feb.10 and after many emails and calls, all I got was polite runarounds.

After about 5 or 6 weeks I was told it needed a new barrel. waited a little longer and finally asked for a refund. Finally they agreed and here it is May and still no gun or no refund.

Some guys love this gun and the idea of 30 mags is more then cool, but from my experience I think this company makes a subpar pistol and certainly would not trust it with my life.
    I'm done.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Junior KTranger
    Having problems with mine feeding from the magazine. Ammo nose dives in mag and gets stuck.

Junior KTranger
    Quote Originally Posted by ssachen View Post
    Having problems with mine feeding from the magazine. Ammo nose dives in mag and gets stuck.
    I am new to Keltec and new to this forum. I recently bought a CP33 and have shot about 200 rounds through it. The magazine problem you talk is covered in the owner manual and is due to it not being loaded right. The quad stack magazine is very finicky about how it is loaded. The rounds must be cascaded or the top rim in front of the one below it. I experienced this problem twice today. If I have the mag loaded correctly it works fine.

I do have a problem though. The trigger will not reset if I cycle the action while the trigger is not being pulled. The trigger will not reset until I pull it once and then it will reset. This usually occurs during a mag change.

Strange.
    Last edited by gunnut1; 11-16-2020 at 04:42 PM. Reason: spelling error

Sponsored links