Shoulder Holsters
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shoulder Holsters

KTranger

Shoulder Holsters

In trying to conform to Ohio's stupid "Plain Sight" regulation, I was looking into a shoulder holster for my Kel-Tec. I wanted something that might not be TOO expensive...but would still work. Uncle Mike's doesn't have anything...anybody know a holster maker who has these, even if they are expensive. I would think that a should holster would definitely be "in plain sight" if I was stopped by a cop.
    Thanks,
    Jeepjon

KTrange Contributor

KTranger
    I've spent too much on my mind at this point to have it splattered across my car roof....

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

KTranger
    Good idea, bad execution, I'll check out to see if they have any with the muzzle pointing down.

Did you look at the manner in which the trigger was completely sealed. That and a several pound double-action trigger pull and I don't see how it could possibly go off.

Anyway, they do also make one that hangs horizontally.

Remember, it's Ohio. You could hang it from the rearview mirror and be in compliance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shoulder Holsters-horizontal.jpg  
    Hidden Content

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it."
    --Mark Twain

Hidden Content

KTranger
    If it's not on your body, it has to be locked in a lockbox in plain sight...if it was an off-body holster, there are many options...but if it is off body, can't be a holster. I like the horizontal one. I also found out uncle mike's has a pro-pak undercover size 10 shoulder holster...size 10 fits the keltec P3at... so I think one of those two might work. http://www.unclemikes.com/adtemplate.asp?invky=9007310

KTrange Contributor

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by jeepjon
    Good idea, bad execution, I'll check out to see if they have any with the muzzle pointing down.
    I made the point on the other thread: would you rather blow your balls off or shoot yourself in the head? Better dead than the former, IMO.

+1 on TxCajun's minimal risk point.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Txcajun,

If you look closer, you can see what may be of concern. Once the pistol is in the holster, the trigger is covered, and it is perfectly safe. However, it looks as though the trigger could be activated while seating the pistol.

Within the square, you can clearly see that the trigger has been molded into the holster. If this section were left un-molded, or at least left more loose, with only the section within the circle being molded as it is, it would still be secure, and the thought of an A.D. while holstering would be greatly reduced.

In the first paragraph, I put "looks" in italics because the trigger guard will hold this section open, and allow the trigger to go in unimpeded. It just doesn't look safe.

I personally would have no qualms about using this holster. I've stated several times to those that say guns are dangerous, that I would sit in a room with a table full of loaded guns, off-safe and ready to fire, pointed directly at me, and not feel the least bit in danger. So long as no-one else is in the room.
    Self defense is not a part-time job!

Shooting is one of the great joys in life. Pass it on.

Colt Single Action Army - The original point and click interface.

From one of my Drill Sargents upon graduating from Basic Training - "Keep your powder dry, your pecker wet, and your belly full."

Your point is well take. IMO, Stellar rigs has produced lots of holsters and I'm sure they have this long since worked out. In essence, the trigger guard "blocks" for the trigger as the holster is inserted. Finally, who would holster the gun while pointed at their head?

Reagarding the room full of guns... I agree.
    Hidden Content

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it."
    --Mark Twain

Hidden Content

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by TxCajun
    Your point is well take. IMO, Stellar rigs has produced lots of holsters and I'm sure they have this long since worked out.
    Actually, if you look within the dark blue circle, you can see what looks like the "Frankenstein Bolt" of an SG P-3AT. I think this is probably their newest version of this holster.

In essence, the trigger guard "blocks" for the trigger as the holster is inserted.
    Exactly.

Finally, who would holster the gun while pointed at their head?
    LOL. It doesn't need to be pointed at one's head for an A.D. to be disastrous.

Reagarding the room full of guns... I agree.
    Thank you.
    Self defense is not a part-time job!

Shooting is one of the great joys in life. Pass it on.

Colt Single Action Army - The original point and click interface.

From one of my Drill Sargents upon graduating from Basic Training - "Keep your powder dry, your pecker wet, and your belly full."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored links