My friend/neighbor unlawfully denied ccw - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My friend/neighbor unlawfully denied ccw

Junior KTranger
    WARNING ::: OFF TOPIC:

“Spirituality gives hope, religions divide people" ... I have no idea, I came across it and it summed for me a believable tenet, versus hypocrite religious concepts. Religion is good in one aspect for many as it preaches one to have faith, even if no more than a belief in one’s self, and it has allowed many to endure extreme hardship, other than that I find it to be of little use. It is just another form of control, if everyone actually practiced what is eluded to, what a wonderful world we would have.
    There is another tenet some religions have I do admire and it is this one, I am referring to those who are fit and able, “If you do not work, you do not eat!”

good grief. where to start?

elude ... means either 1. to evade or escape from in cunning fashion, as in "he eluded pursuit", or alternatively ... 2. failure to be understood or remembered, as in "the idea eluded him". the word you thought you were using (but which eluded you) is allude ... which means 1. to reference indirectly or broadly. if you want to misuse another form of the word, you can write "illusion" when you mean "allusion", but i won't bore you with the definitions.

the "tenet" that you allude to "some religions" having is also a near miss. there is only one religion your misquote could possibly reference and that is Christianity, and your quote hardly reaches the stature of a tenet. it is merely a warning to some who would call themselves Christians who had failed to leave some of their worldly habits behind following their conversion. your paraphrase is from the second letter to the church at Thessalonica in Greece (chapter 3, verse 10) written by Paul the apostle around 52 AD (roughly 20 years after Jesus' crucifixion by the Romans in Jerusalem, and his subsequent resurrection that we celebrate at Easter (no, not the Easter Bunny)). here it is in context, if you care to look it up for yourself in some other translation:

"6 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us. 7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, 8 nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 9 We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you to imitate. 10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.” 11 We hear that some among you are idle and disruptive. They are not busy; they are busybodies. 12 Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the food they eat. 13 And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good. 14 Take special note of anyone who does not obey our instruction in this letter. Do not associate with them, in order that they may feel ashamed. 15 Yet do not regard them as an enemy, but warn them as you would a fellow believer."

since you are not a Christian, this warning does not apply to you, nor to any other non-Christian. of course, if you are a Jew, you can reference the eighth commandment (you shall not steal) which is clearly what able-bodied men are doing when they sponge off others instead of earning their daily bread. but if you are not a Christian or a Jew, I wouldn't worry about it. it is common practice in America today and much encouraged by our beneficent federal and state governments.

sorry you are so unhappy with "religions", but if your "spirituality" is this ill-informed, you may actually be worse off than those "hypocrites" around you who attend church and think they can do some good by loving others in this world. by the way, the new testament itself says something very interesting about "religion" in chapter 1 of James (written by one of Jesus' half-brothers, who did not recognize Jesus' divinity until after his resurrection):

"26 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. 27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

BACK ON TOPIC:

i am a Kel-Tec P-32 owner. i registered on this forum today specifically because this thread struck such a chord of unease in me. it boggles my mind how stupid and immoral our learned judiciary has to be to continually ignore the plain sense of the constitution in arriving at many of the "decisions" they do. the right to own and carry firearms is just as much a civil right as free speech, the right to assemble, a free press, equal treatment under the law, and so on. our civil rights are being violated just as surely as any black man's was in the 1950s deep south. the only difference is, i fear this time the government will call out the national guard (or the state police, or the BATF) to strip us of our rights instead of helping us to secure them. i believe this is part of why the second amendment to the united states constitution was ratified. the founding fathers knew all to well how little government is to be trusted, having just paid in blood to free themselves from tyranny. anyway, keep up the good fight. support the NRA, your state citizen's association, and probably your sheriffs as well ... they detest these new unconstitutional laws as much as we do, if not more. if you want a good quote, here's one i saw on another board somewhere. wish i was smart enough to think of something as good ...

"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote."

KTrange Contributor
    I apologize mrhammond
    Last edited by argo; 06-28-2013 at 05:34 PM.
    It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. the very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed.- From “Meditations on Violence

KTrange Contributor
    I do believe. And you just proved Psuedo's point "Religion Divides people"
    Last edited by argo; 06-26-2013 at 06:46 PM.
    It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. the very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed.- From “Meditations on Violence

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

KTranger
    Well I guess that explains why so many have died in and been tortured under the guise of "religious Wars,'" and so many churches have so much money they sit on? Oh and the last I heard there are a great numbers dying today under the name of religion, Muslims, Jews, Christians, Buddhists, etc.

No if you super knowledgeable religious zealots actually practiced what you claim to preach, the world would surely be a better place today without all of the two-faced hypocrites we have today.
    High School dropout 1967 (Not by choice, sign of the times), Retired Army E-7, entered at age 17)
    GED, HS, BS, AS, MBA, - I am now retired
    “Spirituality gives hope, religions divide people”

post #9 to #14 should be moved to the rant section https://www.keltecforum.com/forum/rant-members-only/

I have opinions on the religion subject too but i would prefer that it was discussed in the right area rather than this thread loosing its initial point. thanks, no offense meant to any of the posters on from #9-#14 thanks

KTranger
    Move the complete thread if you wish, I was only replying answering a question in post #10, and the first section was about the main theme. I had no intentions of getting into some diatribe about religions.

As to PTSD and canceled carry, I have yet as of this posting have seen or heard anything about Law Enforcement members and depression, but boy it is far game to hit on the military and veterans. OH AND BY THE WAY I have nothing against any law enforcement other than the fact that the media does not wish to admit that there are many in law enforcement who have depression issues as well. Could it be that Obama does not want any law enforcement as well as the Department of Homeland Security (secret police gestapo) to be looked at as a start?
    High School dropout 1967 (Not by choice, sign of the times), Retired Army E-7, entered at age 17)

Good news! The judge decided in favor of Jim and more importantly the law as it is written. He received a letter from the court stating that the sheriff has 30 days to issue a ccw permit or appeal the decision. Its highly unlikely that he will appeal but only time will tell.

KTranger
    I keep hearing about the military about PSTD from the media but not one word about law enforcement and PTSD. The term about law enforcement people "eating their gun" just did not materialize for no reason. I for one believe that unless there has been some obvious individual medical ruling, I do not believe that one whether they be law enforcement or military should be ostracized and labeled as not allowed to purchase a gun under some blanket designation. Which has been happening with military veterans.

Junior KTranger
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhammond View Post
    Good news! The judge decided in favor of Jim and more importantly the law as it is written. He received a letter from the court stating that the sheriff has 30 days to issue a ccw permit or appeal the decision. Its highly unlikely that he will appeal but only time will tell.

That's great Mrhammond! Like someone said (you?), that's the slippery slope with the mental illness refusal option. You get some officious twerp, just as a for instance, who thinks that the mere desire to own a gun is a mental illness, next thing you know everyone is denied because hey! They're obviously crazy if they want a gun!.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored links