Allow trained teachers to carry in schools - yes or no? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Allow trained teachers to carry in schools - yes or no?

Yes. Not even a question really...

Gray_Rider
    Deo Vindice!

Junior KTranger
    Yes

Tom
    I think everyone has the right to protect themselves and anyone under their supervision. I would like to see trained and armed security personnel in every school. I believe just knowing each school has a trained and armed security officers would be a deterrent. The problem with using teachers is during classes they are inside the classroom doing what they do best and a lot of times are unaware of what is happening outside and in the hallways. Don't get me wrong, I do not oppose teachers carrying I just think we can do more to protect our children

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

KTranger
    Yes, and allow qualified teachers and others to carry.

Junior KTranger
    YES, YES, YES!!! As a teacher myself, U.S. History no less, I would gladly dedicate my time for additional training to make this happen. Luckily in Georgia, the state legislature is currently hammering out a bill to allow administrators to carry on campus! In fact, one of our APs is a U.S. Army certified firearms and explosives expert! In the wake of Sandy Hook, my county made a high profile statement saying that they would be upping security and Student Resource Officers county wide. All they really did was overload the SROs we already had! Instead of hiring more, ours was simply assigned a third school! Unbelievable!!! Anyway, the governor claims he'll sign the bill if it makes it to his desk! Fingers crossed and patiently waiting...

Junior KTranger JimKelTecP3ATOmaha's Avatar
    I have a daughter who is a sophomore in high school and a son who is going into middle school. Both of their schools have been locked down due to threats and/or BG emergency in the neighborhood and that is here in middle American Omaha NE. I would love it if there were some armed and trained teachers or administrators or armed guards on school property. My daughter's high school will have a full time policeman there starting next year which makes me feel much better. I also think properly trained and licensed parents could carry when on property. For me it is simple. Schools, malls, theaters are all easy targets where BG's know that very few if anyone will be carrying or have a gun. The only prevention is protection.
    The most wonderful study of mankind is man. Relieving human suffering and diffusing universal knowledge is humanitarian. -Daniel D. Palmer

KTranger
    Yes, Yes,Yes! I say let all law abiding citizens carry and eliminate all "gun free" zones.
    High School dropout 1967 (Not by choice, sign of the times), Retired Army E-7, entered at age 17)
    GED, HS, BS, AS, MBA, - I am now retired
    “Spirituality gives hope, religions divide people”

KTRangePro
    Absolutely yes.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

yes!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored links