Allow trained teachers to carry in schools - yes or no? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Allow trained teachers to carry in schools - yes or no?

Junior KTranger
    Quote Originally Posted by argo View Post
    Please continue, are you saying you feel the majority of teachers in Cal. are so afraid of guns they don't want to arm people to protect the children?
    But do they know over 23,000 schools already do? I'll find the link were I heard that and report back
    Argo, can you find that link about the 23,000 schools? I'm working with our Supt right now and he is prepping for a presentation to the board with the recommendation to arm and train a few of us. Having that data would be great!

Junior KTranger
    YES!! here are some interesting facts I recieved from a buddy.

Did you know.....

• A 1997 high school shooting in Pearl, Miss., was halted by the school's vice principal after he retrieved the Colt .45 he kept in his truck.

• A 1998 middle school shooting ended when a man living next door heard gunfire and apprehended the shooter with his shotgun.

• A 2002 terrorist attack at an Israeli school was quickly stopped by an armed teacher and a school guard.

• A 2002 law school shooting in Grundy, Va., came to an abrupt conclusion when students carrying firearms confronted the shooter.

• A 2007 mall shooting in Ogden, Utah, ended when an armed off-duty police officer intervened.

• A 2009 workplace shooting in Houston, Texas, was halted by two coworkers who carried
    concealed handguns.

• A 2012 church shooting in Aurora, Colo., was stopped by a member of the congregation carrying a gun.

• At the recent mall shooting in Portland, Ore., the gunman took his own life minutes after being confronted by a shopper carrying a concealed weapon.

2,500 times last year alone legal gun owners stopped violent crime when confronted with it long before any police assistance ... Of course, you probably didn't know any of this because mainstream media doesn't find it worth reporting. It's not sensational enough and doesn't fit with their agenda. What's insane is people who think removing rights from responsible people will somehow keep them safe.

KTrange Contributor
    I believe it was an interview with John Lott, can't find that particular piece but He sure has alot of facts on the tip of his Brain.

Interview with John Lott, author of More Guns, Less Crime

John Lott's Website
    It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. the very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed.- From “Meditations on Violence

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

KTrange Contributor
    Here is another
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/22/us...anted=all&_r=0

So It was Wayne LaPierre not John Lott I heard
    Last edited by argo; 01-09-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. the very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed.- From “Meditations on Violence

Junior KTranger
    Quote Originally Posted by 5akman View Post
    New guy here, high school teacher in CA. Just applied for my CCW permit. I'm going to approach the Supt to get his thoughts on a few licensed teachers being able to carry on campus. My thought is that if there were some CCW folks in Conn on campus, there might have been just a few deaths instead of 26.....
    I hope you do not teach at the school in Taft, CA..And lets hope people will open their eyes and see the need for this disscussion after yet another Tragedy unfolds before us.

Junior KTranger
    Nope, not at Taft. Supt. is pro carry for a few teachers/staff members and is now working with the county office of Ed and school board. I'm promoting the free training for teachers at the FrontSight training facility...

Junior KTranger
    hell yes! also parents need to take more responsibility

Here's a little something that I just put up on my Facebook page. I think it gets the message across:

For those who think that gun control is the answer:

Let's say that they make "assault" weapons and high capacity magazines illegal, and somehow they all magically disappear. There will be another school shooting. They will use low capacity magazines in pistols, revolvers, or shotguns, but it will happen.

The President has said that he is not convinced that more guns is the answer. Well what is? More "Gun Free School Zone" signs, because maybe they just haven't been noticed? Or perhaps the addition of the phrase, "Pretty Please" at the bottom of them.

So here's the scenario:

Some guy decides he wants to end it all and take as many people with him as possible. He grabs his Remington 870 Wingmaster, loads it up, drops a box of shells into his pockets, and walks over to the grade school next door.

As he's walking into the school, a janitor spots him and attempts to stop him. His heroics earn him the first round of Buck Shot, but at least now there has been a shot. It rings out, echoing through the halls and alerting everyone that there is a shooter on campus.

At the sound of the shot, the teacher tells everyone to get into the storage closet on the wall behind his desk. As the children are doing so, he runs to the door, closes it, and locks it. He then returns to his desk. Crouching low behind it, he tries to whisper to the children through the door that they should be as quiet as possible, and that everything will be O.K.

The gunman looks through the window in the door, and notices the desks in disarray. He sees the books and pencils on the floor, and realizes that they must be hiding from him. He tries to open the door, and when he discovers that it's locked, he begins to kick it angrily. With his third kick, the door flies open and he begins to hunt for the children, literally.

Here's another scenario:

Everything above is exactly the same. The only difference is that the teacher has a concealed carry permit, and has been allowed to carry his concealed firearm on school grounds.

After getting back to his desk and whispering to the children to reassure them, he draws his weapon and prepares to perforate at high velocity anyone who attempts to come through that door with ill intent.

Be honest. Which classroom would you want your children to be in?
    GeorgiaRebel and Gray_Rider like this.
    Self defense is not a part-time job!

Shooting is one of the great joys in life. Pass it on.

Colt Single Action Army - The original point and click interface.

From one of my Drill Sargents upon graduating from Basic Training - "Keep your powder dry, your pecker wet, and your belly full."

Absolutely yes. Certainly not all teachers would want to, or should. But those who are willing and capable, and take an appropriate training course (not just a quick CCW) could provide a much enhanced security in our schools. We should also abolish the "gun free" zones in public places. Doesn't have to be many CCW carriers, just the idea that a nut case knew there might be a couple would likely be a major deterrent.

Jim R

Junior KTranger
    Yes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored links