Allow trained teachers to carry in schools - yes or no? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Allow trained teachers to carry in schools - yes or no?

Yes!

Junior KTranger
    Yes

KTRangePro
    I presume unless proven otherwise that any one in education is Left wing liberal leaning. It is a knee jerk reaction from such folks that any weapon on or near the school grounds is a threat to their emotional security. They would rather have emotional security than some real security of a tried and true nature.
    Trust In God my boys but keep your powder dry.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Fred View Post
    I presume unless proven otherwise that any one in education is Left wing liberal leaning. It is a knee jerk reaction from such folks that any weapon on or near the school grounds is a threat to their emotional security. They would rather have emotional security than some real security of a tried and true nature.
    I agree with you but there are a few exceptions I have met, very few.

Keys
    I warned him about that blind dog bourbon.

Won't you help KeysBear become an ex-patriate in Belize? Your small monthly donation will keep him stocked with Bacardi and hire a full time housekeeper.

Overheard in 2016: "Grandpa! Grandpa! Tell us again about freedom, what was it like?"

Hidden Content

Junior KTranger
    It really depends on the location. I'm in rural northern CA. Our staff of about 60 teachers is split pretty much 50/50 in terms of political stance. I would say however, that we're the exception rather than the rule in terms of having so many conservatives on staff.

KTrange Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by 5akman View Post
    It really depends on the location. I'm in rural northern CA. Our staff of about 60 teachers is split pretty much 50/50 in terms of political stance. I would say however, that we're the exception rather than the rule in terms of having so many conservatives on staff.
    Please continue, are you saying you feel the majority of teachers in Cal. are so afraid of guns they don't want to arm people to protect the children?
    But do they know over 23,000 schools already do? I'll find the link were I heard that and report back
    It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. the very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed.- From “Meditations on Violence

Junior KTranger
    I'm saying that my guess is that the majority of teachers in CA are liberal minded which means the gun is the issue, not the crook holding the gun. I'm sure we'd have some staff members upset if some of our teachers were armed. Then again, if there was a bad guy on campus, I'm sure they'd like to be hiding the classroom of the armed teacher instead of their own classroom!

I like the idea of armed teachers and would be the first to volunteer. I do believe however that we'd need training beyond just the normal CCW permit coursework.....

KTrange Contributor
    I agree with the advanced training. I think training for Fire arms should be continous.
    It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. the very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed.- From “Meditations on Violence

Junior KTranger
    I live in a bedroom community in the vicinity of Atlanta, Ga. Been police resource officers in schools here for years. These are not retired law enforcement officers or military but full time police officers that are armed and paid full time pay and benefits, never questioned why we are paying for them or who was going to pay, was happy to know that at least a good guy was manning the wall and maybe keeping the bad guys away. For that I for one am willing to pay more and question why this is not a national policy.

Yep! We have armed, local police department officers as "resources" in all of our schools and no problems that I have heard about.

Admittedly, I live in one of the nicer towns on the north side of Tucson where we can afford it.

So far as the folks in the East are concerned, we are part of "The Wild West". That's one of the problems with a bunch of nearsighted folks in "The East" trying to "solve a problem" nationally at a Federal level. One size does NOT fit all.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored links