I Shot My Wives Van Today.....She Told Me I Have To Buy Her Another One....
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mr surveyor
  • 2 Post By DocHolliday

Thread: I Shot My Wives Van Today.....She Told Me I Have To Buy Her Another One....

Junior KTranger

Angry I Shot My Wives Van Today.....She Told Me I Have To Buy Her Another One....

Dont think an accident won't happen to you when you carry. I mounted a holter to the front of the van seat to carry my Springfield 9MM XD. I've carried it there around town and on trips. I carry my P11 on my hip but I can reach the XD easier when buckled up. Yesterday I decided to carry it with me to work. I was making some side trips on the way home the last few days and felt sort of naked without a gun. I can't carry the P11 on me but I felt secured with the XD for on the road. I use the cable lock that came with the pistol case to secure the gun to the seats front bar for moving the seat front and back. I secured the pistol when I left the van. I came back to the van at lunch to eat. I needed something from the back floor board and leaned way back to reach it. All of a sudden BOOM!!!!! I laid there for a second....was that what I think it was? I sit up and get out of the van. Sitting on the pavement below the van is a flattened 9mm round. I feel under the tip of the barrel and sure enough...a hole. I run what just happened in my mind and this is what happened. My leg was stretched across the butt of the gun and depressed the back safety. My leg pushed down on the gun as I leaned back and the cable going through the trigger shot the gun. BOOM!!! Luckily nobody else was in the parking lot. Luckily my left foot wasn't under the tip of the gun. Luckily I was parked at the end of the parking lot and the building I was working at was in the woods by itself. Lucky lucky lucky....... Accidents are just that....accidents that are events that we don't count on happening. Here I was being all "SAFE" locking my gun and that is what caused this accident. Lesson learned.

KTRangePro
    stuff happens. live and learn. now you know not to put the gun at that loaction next time.
    frankmako

Wow, all I can say is wow.....

Glad you or others were not harmed. Thanks for sharing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

I wouldn't call that an accident...I would call it negligence.

Never, ever allow anything iinside the trigger guard of a loaded firearm, except your trigger finger when it's time to fire.
    GeorgiaRebel likes this.
    ???

the cable going through the trigger
    I think I know the problem...
    banana380 and GeorgiaRebel like this.

Junior KTranger
    Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    I wouldn't call that an accident...I would call it negligence.

Never, ever allow anything iinside the trigger guard of a loaded firearm, except your trigger finger when it's time to fire.
    I agree 100%. Nothing gets in my trugger guard except my finger. Glad no one was hurt. Kudos to you for sharing a major malfunction. We all must keep constant vigil on our weapons and how we use them. Be safe and throw theat cable lock in the trash!
    Last edited by hazmat1; 02-05-2013 at 06:50 AM. Reason: spell check!

Tom
    That was a close call. I'm glad no got hurt, but I would seriously look at a different system for securing you gun.

Sponsored links