How to carry in the car?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How to carry in the car?

Question How to carry in the car?

When I first started carrying in the car I kept the weapon in my pocket because, I reasoned, if someone wants to car jack me they may grab me by the left arm and pull me out of the car leaving my weapon still in the car. But I have since realized that getting the gun out of my pocket when sitting in jeans is difficult if not impossible. So now I am carrying it in the inside of my left boot where I can reach it and it will go with me if I am pulled out of the car.

But then comes the problem, when I am entering a Bank, Hospital or School where it is prohibited, I need to remove it from my person and place it in the dash. This could involve "display" if I am not careful. I became aware of that yesterday as I removed the gun from my boot to go into the Post Office. I looked up and saw a big SUV parked beside my little two seater and the occupants were observing my moves!

I am thinking the best thing may be to rely on the fact that in 75 years I have never been asked if I had a weapon and never been searched for one, and just carry wherever.

Any comments???
    If you are not living on the edge, well then, you are taking up too much space.

KTRangePro
    That would depend on your location, I guess?

Texas, where else???
    If you are not living on the edge, well then, you are taking up too much space.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jimisbell View Post
    I am thinking the best thing may be to rely on the fact that in 75 years I have never been asked if I had a weapon and never been searched for one, and just carry wherever.

Any comments???
    Works for me . . . in Arizona.

There are certain locations into which I go where I have no choice but to disarm, as there is a checkpoint with metal detectors. Where no such checks exist, I make the determination upon arrival. Usually it depends upon whether or not I feel like going through the hassle of removing, and then reattaching my weapon.

At such places, just as everywhere else, the likelihood of being detected is very slim. That is unless the need arises to use my weapon, in which case possible prosecution for violating the CCW law will be of less concern than continuing to be able to draw breath.
    Self defense is not a part-time job!

Shooting is one of the great joys in life. Pass it on.

Colt Single Action Army - The original point and click interface.

From one of my Drill Sargents upon graduating from Basic Training - "Keep your powder dry, your pecker wet, and your belly full."

KTrange Contributor
    I'm not confessing to anything!!
    banana380 likes this.
    It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. the very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed.- From “Meditations on Violence

KTrange Contributor
    As long as the gun stays on you it shouldn't be a problem... I've accidentally carried into a few places that weren't gun friendly, and never had a problem except for the one time I had my P3AT stolen from a gym locker... And even then the place didn't press charges because I claimed ignorance that their "no gun" sign wasn't plainly visible.

KTRangePro
    I hate to be a spoil sport but guys, you're asking for trouble not knowing or not following the law in your respective States. Unlicensed concealed carry can get you in hot water in a number of States. Just pretending you didn't know won't do a darn thing for you. Just my 2 cents.

KTrange Contributor corsairgunner's Avatar
    i thought texas was open carry. i have definitely seen a gun or 2 in my travels
    Totalitarianism didn't come quickly, it took 5 years from 1938 until 1943, to realize full dictatorship in Austria . Had it happened overnight, my countrymen would have fought to the last breath. Instead, we hadcreeping gradualism Now, our only weapons were broom handles. The whole idea sounds almost unbelievable that the state, little by little eroded our freedom.

I carry in Texas, with a CHL. One in my pocket(P3AT), the other on the floor of my car. Before I get out, I clip the Kel-Tec P-11 in my waist band with "T" shirt over it. Dallas has a lot of really black areas known for car-jacking at stop lights or drive ups. No problems for me, as I am prepped and have 35 years of Law Enforcement before retirement.
    Molon Labe

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored links