How to carry in the car? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How to carry in the car?

A car holster might be the answer. Vehicle Mountable Holsters « Texas Custom Holsters
    "When a man with a 45 meets a man with a rifle, you said the man with a pistol's a dead man. Lets see if that's true."-Fistful of Dollars(1964)

I've always felt comfortable with a crossdraw, just feels natural to me. So I carry my PF-9 in a molded leather belt holster, left side slightly to the front. When sitting, as in a car or anywhere, I can simply reach across and have easy accsess to it. The Seatbelt rides below it so it's no problem. When in the car I leave my coat open, or if wearing a shirt over it, I simply lift the shirt up so it's exposed. Being on my left side, close to the door, it can't be seen by anyone looking in and is easy to cover with my hand or left arm if I do feel the need to hide it. Then when I exit the car it's easy to cover with my shirt or coat before getting out. Here it's legal to carry into a bank unless posted. As to places posted, whether I do or don't, depends on the place and situation. Government buildings I usualy lock my pistols in the car. Then I simply look around to be assured I'm unobserved.

I also wear a Walls jacket that has an inside breast pocket on the left side. In cold weather I carry my P-32 in it in a pocket holster. ( Backup to my PF-9) Sitting in the car with my coat slightly unzipped it's very easy to reach inside and draw it. My PF-9 fits in there too.

Last edited by spirithawk; 01-17-2012 at 02:04 PM.
    Sure you can trust the Government. Just ask any Indian!
    Disabled Vietnam Vet.

KTRangePro
    Quote Originally Posted by spirithawk View Post
    I've always felt comfortable with a crossdraw, just feels natural to me. So I carry my PF-9 in a molded leather belt holster, left side slightly to the front. When sitting, as in a car or anywhere, I can simply reach across and have easy accsess to it. The Seatbelt rides below it so it's no problem. When in the car I leave my coat open, or if wearing a shirt over it, I simply lift the shirt up so it's exposed. Being on my left side, close to the door, it can't be seen by anyone looking in and is easy to cover with my hand or left arm if I do feel the need to hide it. Then when I exit the car it's easy to cover with my shirt or coat before getting out. Here it's legal to carry into a bank unless posted. As to places posted, whether I do or don't, depends on the place and situation. Government buildings I usualy lock my pistols in the car. Then I simply look around to be assured I'm unobserved.

I also wear a Walls jacket that has an inside breast pocket on the left side. In cold weather I carry my P-32 in it in a pocket holster. ( Backup to my PF-9) Sitting in the car with my coat slightly unzipped it's very easy to reach inside and draw it. My PF-9 fits in there too.

True that. They are hard to beat for car carry.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Junior KTranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Stogies View Post
    That would depend on your location, I guess?

I agree with you.

I normally just take the P32 out of my front pocket (still in the Nemesis holster) when I am getting in the car and wedge it into the passenger seat somewhere. Getting back out, I use the open door for cover and just slip it back into my pocket, no one notices.

Nowadays when I'm going to be in a vehicle a lot I carry an Officer's model 1911 .45 in this shoulder rig. It allows easy access even with a seat belt on and when I leave the vehicle it always goes with me.

TucsonMTB likes this.
    Sure you can trust the Government. Just ask any Indian!
    Disabled Vietnam Vet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored links