Not on word of thanks

Thread: Not on word of thanks

KTrange Contributor Barksdale123's Avatar

Not on word of thanks

Concealed carry laws are dropping crime rates across the country. A comprehensive national study determined in 1996 that violent crime fell after states made it legal to carry concealed firearms. The results of the study showed:
    * States which passed concealed carry laws reduced their murder rate by 8.5%, rapes by 5%, aggravated assaults by 7% and robbery by 3%;10 and
    * If those states not having concealed carry laws had adopted such laws in 1992, then approximately 1,570 murders, 4,177 rapes, 60,000 aggravated assaults and over 11,000 robberies would have been avoided yearly.11
    All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree.
    James Madison
    How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!
    - Samuel Adams

I agree, an armed citizenry is a safer, stronger, and more secure citizenry, the numbers proove it over and over again. Its too bad that the govt wants the exact opposite, and its too bad that so many prople fall for their lies, or are scared of guns to start with. Disarming Americans would hurt national security as well, a fact that has also been proven in several countries.
    Im back to the old me again, the video below will help to clarify this for anyone who needs a little help.
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="425" height="349" src="Hidden Content " frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

we live in a country where a very large majority of the population lives in a very tiny percentage of the total land mass. They control the laws and the government that rules over most of the rest of us. It's another unfortunate result of population over-densification. Dang... I could go onto a Rant on this subject....

surv
    ???

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

KTrange Contributor
    Barks, where did you get your data?

Former Member May 2005 - April 2011

KTrange Contributor Barksdale123's Avatar
    http://gunowners.org/sk0802.htm

Saw a guns save lives.org bumper sticker. Tried to go to the site, this came up. Thought I would share it with the range.
    All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree.
    James Madison
    How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!
    - Samuel Adams

KTrange Contributor
    Good link - thanks for sharing it. None of the content should be a surprise to anyone here, but the stats with references are of great interest.

Former Member May 2005 - April 2011

Thanks for the link. I've passed it on to others. We all need to be aware of the positive impact concealed carry has on society.

Take note of my signature. Its a real shame that this fact isnt more out in the open. EVERYONE needs to be informed of these statistics.

Sponsored links